Do you dread or look forward to spring cleaning every year? For some people, the first weeks of spring provide the perfect opportunity to clear out your house and refresh your living space. For others, spring cleaning is an exhausting chore that you put off as long as possible. No matter what your outlook is, one way to make spring cleaning easier is by starting early. It might be too cold now to start working on the garden or power washing the front of your house, but there are still a few projects you can tackle before those warmer days arrive. Here are a few ideas to help you get a head start on spring cleaning this year.
Start With the Purge
You can’t organize your home if it’s full of clutter and belongings that you no longer need. All the extra stuff only serves to get in the way. This clutters up your organizational system and makes it harder for you to stay on top of the mess in your home. Before you do any cleaning or rearranging, take the time to thoroughly sort through every room. Decide what you still need, what can go in storage, and what you can get rid of. This process can include little things like replacing the toothbrushes in the bathroom or bigger projects such as donating all your old clothes. When you start by purging unnecessary belongings, you give yourself a clean slate to begin cleaning and organizing your home.
Invest in Storage Containers
When it comes to finding a place for everything, it can be tempting to only stick with what you have. However, you might find yourself running out of room halfway through the process. Don’t resort to sticking clutter into the nearest nook or cranny. Invest in new storage containers to give yourself the space you need. Purchase decorative baskets or shelves to keep the living room and bedrooms looking neat. For areas like the garage or shed, you can choose function over fashion and invest in sturdy plastic buckets or other containers that allow you to stack and arrange your belongings in an easy-to-access system.
Make a List of Upcoming Projects
One of the most useful ideas to help you get a head start on spring cleaning is to make a thorough to-do list. When you know all the projects you need to accomplish, it becomes much easier to seize opportunities as they arise. This will also let you organize your list to mark off tasks in the most efficient way possible. For example, prioritize indoor projects now, so you have less to do when the lovely spring weather arrives. You’ll also enjoy the satisfaction of crossing each item off your list. Plans and preparations help you organize your spring cleaning checklist, making the entire process easier and more enjoyable.
Create a Custom Shower Oasis to Last a Lifetime
Bring your vision to life, discover your ultimate shower design aesthetic or create your own with American Standard’s experts. There is a lifetime warranty. Click here to see photos of Modern Farmhouse, Rustic, French Country, Contemporary, Minimalist, and Traditional styles. You can trust American Standards 150 years of bath and shower expertise. With just three easy steps, you can get a quote from the comfort of your home online. Continue Reading. . .
Related Home Interior Stories:
• Create Your Dream Bathroom Online
• Convert Your Basement to a Rec Room
• Increase Storage Space in Your Home
• Get a Head Start On Spring Cleaning
• Affordable Home Improvement Ideas
• Common Aquarium Mistakes
• The Basics of Contemporary Interior Design
• Best Paint Colors for the Bathroom
• Simple DIY Projects to Improve the Value of Your Home
• Ways to De-Clutter & Decorate with Softness
• Ways To Add Personality to a Boring Room
• Different Types of Tiling For Your Home
• Tips For Your Home Theater
• Best Interior Renovations for Increasing Home Value
• Ways to Make Your Home Look Cleaner
• Creative Ways To Decorate Your Hallway
• Tips for Creating a Stress-Free Space
• Get A Head Start on Spring Cleaning
• Coolest Basement Ideas of All Time
Read More Home Improvement Tips, Click here.
• Stunning Home Exterior Remodeling Ideas
• Home Maintenance Skills Everyone Should Know
• Reasons Why your Asphalt Driveway is Cracking
• Top Reasons Why your House is Always Cold
• How to Get Your Home Ready For Winter
• Where to Insulate Your Home
• Things to Do Before Selling Your Home
• Tips for Remodeling Your Garage
• Common Causes of Residential Flooding
• Save with Senior Home Modifications
• Household Problems You Should NEVER Fix Yourself
• 5 Big Home Maintenance Tasks You Should Do In the Spring
• What to Consider When Building Your New Home
• Causes of Leaky Basements
• Basic Components of Building a Home