Spend your Summer Weekends celebrating in Northwest Indiana. We guarantee there’s a Festival EVERY WEEKEND WITH TONS OF FAMILY FUN! From Car Shows, ice cream socials to concerts and parades, these events will have you enjoying your summer weekend ! Let us not forget tons of Fireworks, Art and Craft Fairs AND CRAFT BEER !
For All July 4th Events, Click here!
ALL ON ONE PAGE!!
Folks might also like the live Concerts and full fledged Festivals honoring our Nation’s Birthday on July 4th or our Nation’s Workers on Labor Day that have four full days held in Lowell Indiana, Hesston Steam Museum, and Michigan City Indiana. We even have lots of HISTORICAL EVENTS TOO!
• You’ll find RIDES like the Zipper, Gravitron, Flying saucer, Merry Go Round, Bumper Cars, Swinger, Tilt A Whirl, Mega Shot, Mighty Mac and more.
• You’ll find FOOD like Lebanese Foods, Elephant Ears, Pizza, Egg rolls, Cotton Candy, Corn Dogs, Funnel Cakes, roast beef, steakburgers, walking tacos, Chili Dogs, Ice Cream, Fried rice, pork sticks, roasted lamb, shish-ka-bob, Grecian chicken, Gyros and more.
• And ENTERTAINMENT like Middle of the Road; Dr. FeelGood and the 80’s Babies; Karoake with DJ; High Noon Country Band, AND Keenan Baxter, Grammy Contender Jazz Composer.
HERE’S A LIST OF SUMMER’S FESTIVALS AND EVENTS:
2022 Dates are in Red
• Food Truck Festival, May 28th and 39th, 2022 Click here
FIRST WEEKEND IN JUNE:
• Live in the Ville, June 4th – 5th, 2022 Hammond, Indiana (Hessville – Kennedy Ave) Click here.
• Queen of All Saints Parish Festival, Cancelled (Click Here)
• Swale Music Fest – Cancelled in 2022 click here
SECOND WEEKEND IN JUNE:
DYER INDIANA: Summerfest: June 9th – June 12th, 2022 over 800 acts, 1,000 performances, 12 stages, food, interactive activities, festival! Bike Parade: Wednesday June 8th 2022 6:30 pm – 7:30 pm, part of Dyer Summerfest! 219-865-2505. FIREWORKS on Sunday! Click here for Full Schedule.
• Celebrate Schererville, June 9th – June 12th 2022 Click here (Beer Garden, parade, Shows)
St. Demetrios Greek Food Fest, – June 11 &12, 2022 11am – 8pm, Click here.
THIRD WEEKEND IN JUNE:
• St. John Kid’s Parade, St. John, Sat., June 25th, 2022, Click Here
• Naturepalooza, Valparaiso, June 25, 2022 Rogers Lakewood Park. Click here for more
• North Judson Mint Festival – June 18th – 19th 2022 Click Here
Includes FULL ENTERTAINMENT SCHEDULE!
• CorkScrew and Brew – June 18th, 2022 Chesterton, Click here
• Midsummer Celebration, TBD, 1-4pm at Indiana Dunes National Lakeshore,
FOURTH WEEKEND IN JUNE:
• St. Thomas More Fun Days Festival, Munster, June 23- 26th, 2022 Get Full Entertainment Schedule: click here.
• Civil War Railroad Days, June 25th, 2022, LaPorte, (Hesston Steam Museum) click here.
LAST WEEKEND IN JUNE:
• Fireworks on the Lakefront, June 29th, 2022, Chesterton, Indiana click here.
• St. Iakovos Greek Fest, Drive Thru only, Valparaiso See their facebook page
• Broad Street Blues and BBQ Festival, June 24th – 26th, 2022, Griffith, Indiana For the Entire Entertainment Schedule Click Here.
• Valparaiso Art Festival, June 25th – 26th, 2022 . click here
FIRST WEEKEND IN JULY:
• Highland 4th of July Festival, Highland, July 1st – July 5, 2022 Click here
• Cedar Lake Summerfest , July 1st – July 4th, 2022 (Fireworks).
• Michigan City’s Big Parade, July 2nd, 2022 Click Here
• Fireworks at Washington Park, July 4th, 2022 Michigan City, Indiana.
• Red, Wine and Brew Festival, July 1st 2022, LaPorte, Indiana Click here for more.
• St John Freedom Fest, July 3rd, 3pm – 10pm, Click here
• Greek Fest, St. Constantine & Helen, Merrillville, Drive Thru Only, July 8th – 10th, 2022 Click here.
• July 4th Festivals, Click Here for More.
SECOND WEEKEND IN JULY:
• Taste of Crown Point, July 15th and 16th 2022 Click here
• Sand Sculpture Fest, Indiana Dunes, July 16th, 2022 Click here
• Antique Power Steam Show, Crown Point, July 8th – 10th, 2022 click here.
• Portage Historical Festival: Portage, JULY 16th, 2022 Click here
• St George Greek Festival – July 14th – 17th, 2022 Schererville Click Here
• St. John Festival, July 7th – 10th, 2022 click here .
• LaPorte County Fair, July 19th – 16th, 2022
• Nativity Fest, Portage, Indiana, Cancelled in 2022 Click here.
• Touch a Truck Munster, July 15th, 2022
THIRD WEEKEND IN JULY:
• Valparaiso Food and Wine Festival, July 23 2022 Advance Tickets Only This event is Not open to the public.
• Beyond the Beach Music Fest, July 16th, 2022 Michigan City, Click here
• Touch A Truck, Sunset Hill County park, July 23th, 2022 Click Here
• Park Full of Art, Griffith, Indiana, July 16 – 17 2022 Click here
• Region Eats Food Festival, (Formerly The Grape Escape), Munster, July 16th, 2022 Click Here.
• Taste of Crown Point, Fri & Sat July 15th * 16th 2022, Click here for more.
• Festival of the Lakes @ Wolf Lake, Hammond, July 13th – 17th, 2022 Click here.
• St. Sava Serbfest, Merrillville, TBD Click here
• Brewski Festival, July 22nd 2022 Click here
• New Carlisle Hometown Days, July 29 – 31st, 2022 click here.
FOURTH WEEKEND IN JULY:
• Rhythm & Soul Fest, July 25th 2022 East Chicago, click here
• Porter County Fair, July 21st – 30Th, 2022 Click Here for Full Schedule!
• Colors of the World, Munster Indiana, July 25th, 2022 Click Here
• Pierogi Fest in Whiting, Indiana, July 29th – 31st, 2022 Click Here For More!
• Schererville Corn Roast, Friday, July 29th., 2022Click here
• St. Elijah Serb Fest – Serb Fest, Merrillville, July 29- 31st, 2022 click here
• Lakefest 3 Day Festival (NEW) July 29th – July 31st 2022 Click here
FIRST WEEKEND IN AUGUST:
• Hegewisch Fest, – August 6th, Downtown Hegewisch Click Here
• St. John Dyer Corn Roast – Aug 5th 2022 Click here
• St. Michael Family Fun Fest, Aug 5th and 6th, 2022 Click here
• Kiwanis Corn Roast, Valparaiso, August 6th, 2022 Click HERE
• Pints in the Park – Craft Beer Fest at Wicker Park, Highland, Aug 6, 2022 Click here
• Vet Fest in South Haven, Legion Post 502, Aug 6th & 7th, 2022 CLICK HERE
• Venetian Nights, August 6th 2022 Hammond Marina, Click here.
• Taste of Michigan City, Indiana, Aug. 5th & 6th 2022 Click here
• Lake County Fair, Crown Point Indiana, August 5th – 14th, 2022 CLICK HERE
• Chesterton Art Fair, Chesterton, Indiana August 6TH & 7TH, 2022, CLICK HERE .
• Turkeypalooza at Central Park in Valparaiso, Fri. August 6th, 2021 CLICK HERE
• Leprechaun Hunt, LaPorte, Cancelled Click Here.
• Fusic Fest – East Chicago, Aug 7th – 9th, 2022 Click Here
SECOND WEEKEND IN AUGUST:
• Touch of Dutch in Demotte, Indiana, August 12-13th 2022 CLICK HERE
• Beatles Fest X in Hammond, August 14th, 2021 CLICK HERE
• Prairie Magic Music Festival, Aug 14th, 2021 Sunset Hill Park Click here.
• Hanna Fest, August 12th & 13th, 14th 2022 Hanna Indiana, Click here.
• Hobart Lakefront Festival August, August 19th – 22nd, 2022 Click here
THIRD WEEKEND IN AUGUST:
• Keilbasa Fest, East Chicago, Aug 20th, 2022, , Click HERE
• Western Days, Griffith, Now Carnival Rides Aug 18th – 21st , 2022, CLICK HERE
• Lubeznik Art & Artisan Festival, Michigan City, Aug 20 – 21, 2022 Click here
• Rockopelli Music Fest, Griffith, Aug. 23rd – 24th, 2022 Click here
• Laporte Air Fair, Aug 9th – Aug 15th, 2021 Click here
• Taste of Lake Central Food Truck Festival,- Aug 21, 2021 Click here
FOURTH AND LAST WEEKEND IN AUGUST:
• Annual Kouts Pork Fest, Aug. 27TH, 2022 Click Here for more!
• Saint Demetrios Greek Fest, Fri & Sat Aug 27 & 28th, 2021 Click here.
• Valpo Car Show, Sunday, Aug 28th, 2022 Click here
• Kielbasa Fest, East Chicago, cancelled, Click HERE for more!
• Mill Pond Festival, Union Mills, Indiana, Cancelled, Click Here for MORE
• Aukiki River Festival in Kouts, Cancelled (Click here for more info)
LABOR DAY WEEKEND:
For Full Event List on Labor Day Weekend, Click HERE!
• Rock ’N’ Rail Street Festival, Downtown Griffith, Indiana, Sept 2 – 5th, 2021 Click here/.
• Blueberry Festival, September 2n – 6th 2021, Plymouth Indiana.
• Hesston Steam & Power Show SEPT. 3RD – 6TH, 2021 in LaPorte, click here.
• Lowell Labor Day Festival, SEPT4TH – 6TH, 2021, See Complete Schedule of Events HERE!
• Crown Beer Fest, Rescheduled for September 4th 2021Click here
• Michigan City Food Truck Festival, Sept 4th and 5th. 2021 Click here.
• Watermelon Festival, Hobart Indiana, all 4 days! 2021, Click HERE
• Taste of Duneland Cancelled
• Lake Station Fall Festival, September 6 7th, Cancelled
• Arts on The Ave., Hammond, Indiana, Cancelled click here for more.
• Door Village Harvest Festival, Sept 7th & 8th Cancelled, Click Here
SECOND WEEKEND IN SEPTEMBER:
• Annual Doll and Bear Show, Cancelled, Click Here
• Apple Fest at Garwood Orchards, Sept 11th and 12th, Click Here https://panoramanow.com/blog-sphere
• Valparaiso Popcorn Festival, Sept 12th, 2022 7am – 6:30 pm, Click here.
• BaconFest, Portage, Indiana, Sept 14th, Cancelled, 11am- 7pm.
• Napanee Apple Festival, Sept 16th – 19th, 2021
• Food & Arts Festival, – Renamed Pop Up Art Experience, Cancelled Crown Point. CLICK HERE
Upcoming Fall Festivals:
For a Complete List of Fall Festivals, CLICK HERE!
• Dyer Fall Festival, September 28th, CLICK HERE
• Scarecrow fest, Wanatah, Indiana, Sept 27th – 29th, CLICK HERE
• Garwood Apple Fest,
• Monarch Music Fest,
• Ike Fest. Sept
• Sunflower Festival, Sept.
• Hooked on Art Festival, Sept.
• Art Blitz, Sept.
• Indiana Dunes Apple Fest, Sept.
• World Cultural Fest, Sept.
• Portage Best Booze & Food Fest, Sept.
• Bark In The Park Munster, Sept. 17th
SEE ALL JULY 4th Events on ONE PAGE CLICK HERE!
Northwest Indiana is home to many Family Fun Amusement Parks and Family Entertainment Centers with lots of things to do with kids that make the perfect getaway for the weekend! Most of these venues have indoor arcades. You’ll want to visit Deep River Waterpark in the middle of Northwest Indiana, Inman’s Recreation Center in Valparaiso, Zao Island Amusement Center in Valparaiso, Sky Zone Indoor Trampoline Fun Park (Schererville); Jaks Warehouse (Indoor Theme Park – Highland); Washington Park Zoo (Michigan City); Barker Mansion Museum (Michigan City) and the Indiana Dunes Lakeshore Parks! Just to name a few! Every City has a Splash Pad or Public Pool too!
FUN FILLED BOUNCE HOUSES:
If your kids like bounce house, you’ll find Five FunFlatealbes locations throughout Northwest Indiana that provide unique, year-round, soft inflatable playgrounds where the whole family can have continuous FUN Jumping, Bouncing, Climbing, Snaking.
Zao Island, Inmans’ Recreation Center, Jaks Warehouse, Sky Zone, and Crown Point Fun Center, and Zig E’s Funland. All of these centers have arcade games, family games, fun food, Click here for MORE Info!
Wolf Lake Aquatic Play Center, Wicker Park Memorial Splash Pad, Oasis Splash Pad, Central Park Plaza Splash Pad, Heron Lake Splash Pad, Hub Municipal Pool, Founders Square Splash Pad, Splash Pad at Jeorse Park, just to name a few. CLICK HERE FOR MORE!
NORTHWEST INDIANA BEACHES:
A local quiet but majestic attraction is Mount Baldy, just off U.S. 12 in Michigan City, named for the lack of plant life on its dunes. For you history buffs, just east of Mount Baldy is the former site of the famed Hoosier Slide, the once 194-foot sand dune and tourist attraction whose sand was used for the making of glass and steel by local industries CONTINUE READING . . . .
PAINTBALL: Blast Camp Paintball, (Hobart) Sherwood Forest Paintball (LaPorte), and Team Combat Paintball (Merrivillville) (ages 13 up).
MINIATURE GOLF: Inman’s Recreation, Zao Island, Zig E’s, Cedar Creek Family Golf Center and more! ( Click HERE) for more