If you’re interested in increasing your home’s value but don’t want to spend a substantial amount of money on labor costs for renovations, consider taking matters into your own hands. Even without a lot of home improvement experience, there are several simple upgrades that homeowners can make without paying for professional services. Here are some examples of simple and easy DIY projects to improve the value of your home.
A properly insulated home will trap warm or cold air inside, reducing the amount of energy your heater or air conditioner must use to keep your space at a comfortable temperature. As such, insulating your home can both improve the comfort of the space and lower your monthly energy bill. Both benefits are highly appealing to potential buyers and can increase the value of your home.
Fortunately, certain types of insulation, such as batt fiberglass insulation or mineral wool insulation, are relatively easy to install all on your own. However, if you would prefer to install more complex types of insulation, such as spray foam insulation, it’s best to hire a professional insulation installation contractor.
Layer on a fresh coat of paint
Another easy DIY project to improve the value of your home is slapping on a fresh coat of paint. Chipped or faded paint can make your home look dull and unappealing to potential buyers, which may decrease its value.
By simply painting your walls with a fresh coat, you can brighten up your space and make your interior look fresh and updated. When choosing paint colors, consider opting for more neutral shades such as cream, white, light grey, or tan. Bright, attention-grabbing colors are less appealing to most potential home buyers and can decrease home value rather than improve it.
Spruce up your yard
Your front yard has a large impact on your home’s curb appeal and, in turn, its value. If your yard features large dry patches or weeds, it will likely turn away several potential buyers before they even step foot inside. As such, it’s important to give your yard some TLC.
In addition to weeding and watering your lawn regularly, planting a few bushes or shrubs around your entryway can make your home seem more inviting. Even small improvements, such as trimming overgrown trees and hedges, can greatly improve your home’s appearance and value.
Deep clean your carpet
Perhaps the biggest downside of carpet flooring is that it traps dirt and odors far more than tile or hardwood, which is unappealing to potential buyers. If your home’s carpeting is looking and smelling a little worse for wear, consider giving it a deep clean.
While ripping out and replacing your carpet can be a costly and challenging project to attempt all on your own, deep cleaning it is an easy way to refresh its appearance. Generally, homeowners should clean their carpets twice a year to keep them looking fresh. Fortunately, deep-cleaning your carpet typically takes less than 30 minutes per room, and if you rent a carpet-cleaning machine, it is a highly economical way to improve your home’s value.
Read More Home Improvement Tips, Click here.
• Stunning Home Exterior Remodeling Ideas
• Home Maintenance Skills Everyone Should Know
• Reasons Why your Asphalt Driveway is Cracking
• Top Reasons Why your House is Always Cold
• How to Get Your Home Ready For Winter
• Where to Insulate Your Home
• Things to Do Before Selling Your Home
• Tips for Remodeling Your Garage
• Common Causes of Residential Flooding
• Save with Senior Home Modifications
• Household Problems You Should NEVER Fix Yourself
• 5 Big Home Maintenance Tasks You Should Do In the Spring
• What to Consider When Building Your New Home
• Causes of Leaky Basements
• Basic Components of Building a Home
Home Interior Stories:
• Affordable Home Improvement Ideas
• Common Aquarium Mistakes
• Best Paint Colors for the Bathroom
• Simple DIY Projects to Improve the Value of Your Home
• Ways to De-Clutter & Decorate with Softness
• Ways To Add Personality to a Boring Room
• Different Types of Tiling For Your Home
• Tips For Your Home Theater
• Best Interior Renovations for Increasing Home Value
• Ways to Make Your Home Look Cleaner
• Creative Ways To Decorate Your Hallway
• Coolest Basement Ideas of All Time