Nothing is more relaxing than walking through your front door and plopping down on your sofa at the end of a hard day. But sometimes, we bring the worries of our professional life over into our personal sphere. Luckily, you can curate your home to create a private oasis far away from the world’s concerns. Here are four tips for creating a stress-free space.
For many workers now, the day no longer begins with the morning commute, but rather the slow shuffle into a home office. One of the best ways to decrease stress is to establish a purpose for each room in your home. Creating different spaces for different activities helps alter your mindset when you move into the rest of your house at the end of your shift.
Lighting is critical to our health, so ensuring your home is well-lit makes taking care of yourself much easier. Natural light is especially important in the winter months and other times of the year when going outdoors is out of the question.
One of the most important decisions you will make when flexing your interior design muscles is a decorating scheme for the room. Selecting the perfect color for your new leather sofa may seem trivial, but it is crucial. Color has the ability to change moods, so choosing soothing colors is one of the most essential tips for creating a stress-free space.
Plants are in vogue right now, and for good reason: they are wonderful at helping lower stress levels. Spending time around plants has a proven positive impact on mood and emotions, so it might be time to bust out the green thumb. Surrounding yourself with plants is also great for making the rest of the house smell pleasant while they release oxygen into the air.
Related Stories . . .
Create a Custom Shower Oasis to Last a Lifetime
Bring your vision to life, discover your ultimate shower design aesthetic or create your own with American Standard’s experts. There is a lifetime warranty. Click here to see photos of Modern Farmhouse, Rustic, French Country, Contemporary, Minimalist, and Traditional styles. You can trust American Standards 150 years of bath and shower expertise. With just three easy steps, you can get a quote from the comfort of your home online. Continue Reading. . .
Read More Home Improvement Tips, Click here.
• Stunning Home Exterior Remodeling Ideas
• Home Maintenance Skills Everyone Should Know
• Reasons Why your Asphalt Driveway is Cracking
• Top Reasons Why your House is Always Cold
• How to Get Your Home Ready For Winter
• Where to Insulate Your Home
• Things to Do Before Selling Your Home
• Tips for Remodeling Your Garage
• Common Causes of Residential Flooding
• Save with Senior Home Modifications
• Household Problems You Should NEVER Fix Yourself
• 5 Big Home Maintenance Tasks You Should Do In the Spring
• What to Consider When Building Your New Home
• Causes of Leaky Basements
• Basic Components of Building a Home
• Coolest Basement Ideas of All Time
Home Interior Stories:
• Affordable Home Improvement Ideas
• Common Aquarium Mistakes
• The Basics of Contemporary Interior Design
• Best Paint Colors for the Bathroom
• Simple DIY Projects to Improve the Value of Your Home
• Ways to De-Clutter & Decorate with Softness
• Ways To Add Personality to a Boring Room
• Different Types of Tiling For Your Home
• Tips For Your Home Theater
• Best Interior Renovations for Increasing Home Value
• Ways to Make Your Home Look Cleaner
• Creative Ways To Decorate Your Hallway