Insulating your home can help improve its energy efficiency and comfort while also greatly decreasing your energy bill. Insulating your home provides a barrier between the inside and outside of your home to reduce heat loss or heat gain. If your home is under-insulated, air can seep into or out of your home, causing it to be uncomfortably warm or cold depending on outside temperatures. Properly insulating your space can help control the temperature of your home, reduce noise pollution, block out pests, and prevent moisture damage. While it is important to fully insulate your entire house for optimal energy efficiency and comfort, these are some of the most important areas of your home to insulate.
Heat naturally rises, so a large quantity of warm air can become lost through your home’s attic. As such, your attic is one of the most important areas of your home to insulate. Further, many pests, such as mice, tend to enter your home through the attic. To ward off troublesome infestations, you’ll want to invest in attic insulation.
Your exterior walls form the greatest amount of surface area that receives exposure to the outside world. As such, they are your first line of defense against the elements. If your exterior walls are under-insulated, warm or cold air can easily infiltrate your home and alter its temperature.
Cold air can easily enter your home through the floors in unheated spaces such as your garage or crawlspace. As such, it’s essential to properly insulate your floors. In addition to maintaining the desired temperature of your home, insulating the floor in your garage will block out harmful contaminants from car exhaust or paint.
Frozen pipes can do a lot of damage to your home. When they freeze, pipes become blocked and eventually burst, which leads to costly water damage and high reparation costs. To prevent your pipes from freezing, it’s important to properly insulate them. Doing so will help you maintain the ideal water temperature in your pipes.
Related Stories . . .
Read More Home Improvement Tips, Click here.
• Where to Insulate Your Home
• Things to Do Before Selling Your Home
• How to Get Your Home Ready for Winter
• Tips For Your Home Theater
• Best Interior Renovations for Increasing Home Value
• Ways to Make Your Home Look Cleaner
• Creative Ways To Decorate Your Hallway
• Tips for Remodeling Your Garage
• Common Causes of Residential Flooding
• Different Types of Tiling for Your Home
• Save with Senior Home Modifications
• Household Problems You Should NEVER Fix Yourself
• 5 Big Home Maintenance Tasks You Should Do In the Spring
• Ways To Add Personality to a Boring Room
• What to Consider When Building Your New Home
• Causes of Leaky Basements
• Affordable Home Improvement Ideas
How to Get Your Boat Ready For Winter
Discover More In-Depth Articles about Gardening Tips and Advice:
Spring Landscaping Tips to Free Up Time in the Summer
What To Do About Brown Grass
Moisture Induced Diseases affecting Plants and Landscaping
Winter Gardening Tips from Purdue