by Steve Fugate, HandyPro of Northwest Indiana
There are many choices for elder care as you or your loved one’s health begins to decline. From assisted living to nursing homes and senior housing, these can all be very costly options that can add up over the years. Extending the time that you or a loved one can safely stay in your own home can help to ensure that the funds saved up for retirement can last as long as possible.
Simple home modifications, from hand rails to wheelchair ramps and modified bathrooms, are ultimately a small price to pay to extend the time spent in your own home. These are also a tremendous cost savings over an alternative senior living arrangement.
Take the worry out of retirement by making your home a safe place as you or a loved one ages. Not only will these senior modifications make the home a safer environment, but it will also save money in the long run, by prolonging the need for alternative housing and care.
Create a Custom Shower Oasis to Last a Lifetime
Bring your vision to life, discover your ultimate shower design aesthetic or create your own with American Standard’s experts. There is a lifetime warranty. Click here to see photos of Modern Farmhouse, Rustic, French Country, Contemporary, Minimalist, and Traditional styles. You can trust American Standards 150 years of bath and shower expertise. With just three easy steps, you can get a quote from the comfort of your home online. Continue Reading. . .
Related Home Interior Stories:
• Affordable Home Improvement Ideas
• Common Aquarium Mistakes
• The Basics of Contemporary Interior Design
• Best Paint Colors for the Bathroom
• Simple DIY Projects to Improve the Value of Your Home
• Ways to De-Clutter & Decorate with Softness
• Ways To Add Personality to a Boring Room
• Different Types of Tiling For Your Home
• Tips For Your Home Theater
• Best Interior Renovations for Increasing Home Value
• Ways to Make Your Home Look Cleaner
• Creative Ways To Decorate Your Hallway
• Tips for Creating a Stress-Free Space
• Get A Head Start on Spring Cleaning
• Coolest Basement Ideas of All Time
Read More Home Improvement Tips, Click here.
• Stunning Home Exterior Remodeling Ideas
• Home Maintenance Skills Everyone Should Know
• Reasons Why your Asphalt Driveway is Cracking
• Top Reasons Why your House is Always Cold
• How to Get Your Home Ready For Winter
• Where to Insulate Your Home
• Things to Do Before Selling Your Home
• Tips for Remodeling Your Garage
• Common Causes of Residential Flooding
• Save with Senior Home Modifications
• Household Problems You Should NEVER Fix Yourself
• 5 Big Home Maintenance Tasks You Should Do In the Spring
• What to Consider When Building Your New Home
• Causes of Leaky Basements
• Basic Components of Building a Home