Ahhh, it’s Sunday, and you just completed a very fun-filled and busy weekend with lots of activities with family, friends and out of town guests. Either everyone has gone to church or got up too late.
Either way it’s too late to cook, but everyone is hungry and it’s too early to say good bye to the weekend. That’s where everyone jumps in the car and goes out to Brunch.
Brunch is a combination of breakfast and lunch eaten usually during the late morning to early afternoon, generally served from 11am up to 3pm and regularly has some form of alcoholic drink.
All You Can Eat Buffet:
Some folks are looking for a buffet style where you can pick and choose from dozens of choices and enjoy all you can eat. You will find below the many Northwest Indiana restaurants that offer this kind of brunch service. After all, Brunch is where the idea of “Buffets” took on mass appeal in the first place. See Items 1 thru 13 below!
Buffet Vs. Breakfast From the Menu:
We have separated the buffet brunches from the local Restaurants that serve breakfast from a menu, in which guests select specific items which are served to them by waitstaff. (See items 14 thru 35 below.)
Or Read Our Several Other Dining Enjoy!
If You Are Visiting Northwest Indiana you might be interested in our Sunday Brunch, Local Farmer’s Markets, Summer Festivals, Fall Festivals, July 4th Weekend, Memorial Day Weekend, Labor day Weekend, local Steakhouses, and local Dining.
SUNDAY BRUNCH . . . .
1. Ameristar, 777 Aldis Ave, East Chicago 378-3000 www.ameristar.com Sun 7am – 2pm $17.99, Heritage Buffet Brunch- Sample cuisines from all over world with great American cooking at delicious stations.
2. BlueChip Casino Hotel & Spa, 777 Blue Chip Dr, Michigan City 879-7711 www.bluechipcasino.com
8am-2pm, 18.99 +tax, Options Buffet- live action cooking stations, chefs prepare food on the spot liking in café setting. Brunch buffet includes several pastas, bread, rolls, meat options, salad, fresh baked cookies, desserts, fruit.
4. Center for Visual & Performing Arts, 1040 Ridge Rd, Munster 836-1930 x 2 www.cvpa.org/brunch
11am to 2pm, seating every ½ hour, $24, children 4-11 $12; under 4 years $4, Featuring: Craved Beef and Ham, Garden Fresh Salad Bar, Fresh Fruit, Baked Desserts, Champagne, piano music.
5. Fahrenheit Two Twelve, 10805 Broadway, Crown Point 663-8160 www.fht212.com, 8am-1:30pm, no reservations- walk in only, $ 10.59 adults, $4.59 Children Relaxed American restaurant & bar serving steak, seafood & entrees. Breakfast buffet, Scrambled & Denver Eggs, Homemade Biscuits n’ Gravy, French Toast, Homemade Pancakes, American Fries, Bacon, Sausage Links, Ham off the Bone, Fresh Fruit, Danishes, Muffins, Toast, $5 Bloody Mary’s & Mimosas.
5.a NEW ! Emerald Green at Lost Marsh Golf Course, 7am – Noon, Sat and Sun ONLY, 1001 – 129th Street, Hammond Indiana, located just south of Horseshoe Casino, 219-228-2526.
6. Harbour View Café, 1 Burlington Harbor Dr, Gary www.majesticstarcasino.com, No reservations needed, Breakfast:7am – 10am $10.99, Brunch: 11am – 3pm $16.99
7. Horseshoe Casino, Village Square Buffet, 77 Casino Center Dr, Hammond www.caesars.com/ horseshoe-hammond/ Group reservations 473-7000×7021, Buffet feature internationally inspired food stations, overlooking Lake Michigan, 10am-3pm, $21.99, Prices may vary on holidays.
8. Martinis Steak & Seafood, 1004 Calumet Ave, Valparaiso 464-0801 www.martinisinvalpo.com, 9am -1pm, 21+&over $19/$16 Seniors, Family-run venue for chophouse fare & Mediterranean featuring a patio & a laid-back lounge. Brunch- many hot dishes, prime rib, ham, home-made desserts, music.
9. Miller Bakery Café, Closed
10. Patrician Banquet Center, 410 E US 30, Schererville, 864-4000 www.patricianbanquet.com, 8:30am-1pm, reservations 864-4000, Special Brunch on Easter & Mother’s Day $30 includes tax & live music. Breakfast Buffet- $11.95, $1 Mimosa, children $ 5.95,
11. Pesto’s Italian Restaurant, 3123 Calumet Ave, Valparaiso, 462-0993 www.pestos.net, 11am–2pm, $9, kids 2-10 $6, call for reservations, Family-run eatery serving Sunday Brunch of pasta, pizza, entrees & seasonal menu.
12. Skillets Bistro- Closed
13. Lansing Country Club, Closed
THE FOLLOWING PLACES SERVE ORDER FROM THE MENU BREAKFAST
14. Bella Bistro, 3940 Franklin St, Michigan City 879-7612 www.bellabistromichigancity.com
11am-3:30pm reservations www.opentable.com, American bistro with a touch of Europe, soft cozy atmosphere. Great quality food at reasonable price.
15. Benedict’s, 1103 Joliet St, Dyer, 440-7948, 7am-2pm. www.benedictsindyer.com.
16. Corner Café, 101 N Broad St, Griffith, 922-9596, 6am-2:30pm, www.doordash.com
17. Ciao Bella Ristorante, 1514 US-41, Schererville, 322-6800 www.ciaobellaonline.com, 11am–3pm Reservations: www.opentable.com, Italian Restaurant: Intimate trattoria makes Tuscan-style fare & thin-crust pizzas with a side of live music.
19. Jedi’s Garden Family Restaurant, 444 W Ridge Rd, Griffith 923-9055, Open 5am-11pm, Family -owned full menu, desserts.
20. Jelly Pancake Houses, 936 Joliet St, Dyer 865-3200 & 399 E 81st Ave, Merrillville,736-0100, 6am – 3pm, American Restaurant 7am -3pm www.toasttab.com/jelly-pancake-house
21. Ivy’s Bohemia House, 321 Broadway, Chesterton, 929-4319 www.ivysBohemiahouse.com 10am-3pm, specials, a la carte ordering.
22. Les Cafe Pancake House, 2708 Hwy Ave, Highland 972-7831, 6am-4pm, Since 2004, offering breakfast, lunch, pancakes, omelets, skillets, gourmet sandwiches, salads, wraps.
23. Lighthouse Restaurant– 7501 Constitution Ave, Cedar Lake, 374-9283 www.cedarlakeLighthouse.com, Noon-8pm Menu: places.singleplatform.com, Nautically themed restaurant features steaks, seafood & other American fare plus lakefront views.
24. Louie’s Café 920 Lincolnway LaPorte, open Sunday,
25. Mr. Zorba’s Breakfast House Restaurant, 5814 Calumet Ave, Hammond 670-3773. 7am-4pm, 326-9686.
26. Omelette House, 1910 US Hwy 41, Schererville, 322-9680 on Facebook, open on Sunday from1am-3pm,
27. Rocky Mountain Café, 209 E. Lincolnway, LaPorte, Open 7am – Noon, 219-326-8296. (great coffee)
28. Round the Clock- Family Restaurants, 24-hour go-to for breakfast & entrees, desserts, 9010 Indianapolis Blvd, Highland –923-4546 & 909 W Lincoln Hwy, Schererville 322-4940, Chesterton, LaPorte.
29. Toast and Jam, 7311 Mallard Lane, Schererville, 769-0000, www.toastandjamcafe.com 6am-3pm, Reservations: toastandjamcafe.com Also consider airy modern “Jam” room for special events 20-80 guests.
30. True BBQ & Whiskey Bar 8940 Calumet Ave, Munster, 836.2122, 11am-3pm, Reservations, www.truebbquandwhiskey.com Modern BBQ Experience, homemade rubs, sauces, vegan & Gluten Free selections, and specialty desserts such as Caramel Bourbon Mascarpone Napoleon, Flourless Chocolate Cake, Pecan Pie and more!, Large Tables & Leather banquettes, fireplaces, banquet space & patio.
31a. Third Coast Spice Café, 761 Indian Boundary Rd., Ste. 6, 926-5858, www.thirdcoastspice.com, open 6am – 3pm, featuring Indiana Cage Free Eggs, Vegans, Vegetarians, Meat Lovers, Tree Huggers, allergic, Gluten sensitive people.
31. Sophia’s House of Pancakes, 9344 Indianapolis Blvd, Highland 924-4955, 7am-3pm.
32a. Suzie’s Café, 1050 Southpoint Cir., Valparaiso, 462-5500, www.suziescafe.com, Open 5am – 3pm, steak and eggs, eggs benedict, salmon benedict, rich biscuits & gravy, quiche, skillet dinners, fruit,
32b Skillets Bistro,2040 45th St., Highland, 924-7604 open 7am – 3pm, www.skilletsbistro.com.
33. Viking Chili Bowl, 105 W. Morthland Dr., (Hwy 30) 219-462-0800. Open 6am – 3pm.
34. Denny’s, 5800 S. Franklin St., Michigan City, 879-1860, Open 24 hours.
35. Tate’s Place, 3051 Willowcreek Rd., Portage, 764-8283, 7am, – 3pm
Local Indoor Fun Facilities
Local Amusement Parks
East Chicago Marina
Hidden Lake Park, Merrillville
Albanese Candy Factory – Hobart/Merrillville
Tips For Keeping Your Family Safe on Vacation
Visit The Indiana Dunes
Mascot Hall of Fame – Whiting
Lake Michigan Beaches
Friendship Botanic Gardens – Michigan City
Blueberry Picking In Northwest Indiana
Visit A Farmers Market – with Artisan Foods and Hand-Made Art
Visit Mount Baldy – Indiana Dunes
Washington Park Zoo – Michigan City
Buckley Homestead – Lowell
Hesston Steam Museum – LaPorte
Read Our Several Other Dining Articles By Clicking HERE
Are You A Wine Lover?
Read our several Wine Articles by Click here!