The time of year where we turn our thermostats up and look forward to cozy nights in our homes has come. Although, if you turned your thermostat up and found you still have to bundle up for warmth, you may have a bigger problem on your hands. These top reasons why your house is always cold could be leaving you with a constant chill.
Cold Air Is Leaking In
The most common source of a drafty home is cold air leaking in from outside. Drafts can occur due to several reasons. Doors leading outside may not have proper seals to keep cold air out. Similarly, old windows may need to be replaced as a draft indicates that their seal no longer works.
Your Home Needs More Insulation
Insulation is a great way to keep your home nice and toasty in the winter. Considering heat rises, insulating your roof and attic space is highly essential. Insufficient insulation in these areas could be the answer to where your home’s heat is escaping from.
You Haven’t Replaced Your Air Filters
A blocked air filter won’t allow and cool or warm air from your heating and cooling system to enter your home. Air filters need to be changed or cleaned at least every three months for optimal efficiency. Neglecting to change your filters could result in a broken system that will leave you cold and with costly repair bills.
Hardwood floors and bare floorboards often don’t include any insulation. Without adequately insulated floors, you run the risk of losing up to 10% of your home’s heat. Adding rugs is also a simple solution to conserve heat loss through the floorboards.
A consistently cold house is frustrating and uncomfortable. Cold drafts, poor insulation, old air filters, and bare flooring are among the top reasons why your home is always cold.
Read More Home Improvement Tips, Click here.
• Home Maintenance Skills Everyone Should Know
• Reasons Why your Asphalt Driveway is Cracking
• Top Reasons Why your House is Always Cold
• How to Get Your Home Ready For Winter
• Where to Insulate Your Home
• Things to Do Before Selling Your Home
• Tips For Your Home Theater
• Best Interior Renovations for Increasing Home Value
• Ways to Make Your Home Look Cleaner
• Creative Ways To Decorate Your Hallway
• Tips for Remodeling Your Garage
• Common Causes of Residential Flooding
• Different Types of Tiling For Your Home
• Save with Senior Home Modifications
• Household Problems You Should NEVER Fix Yourself
• 5 Big Home Maintenance Tasks You Should Do In the Spring
• Ways To Add Personality to a Boring Room
• What to Consider When Building Your New Home
• Causes of Leaky Basements
• Affordable Home Improvement Ideas
• Common Aquarium Mistakes
• Best Paint Colors for the Bathroom
• Simple DIY Projects to Improve the Value of Your Home
• Ways to De-Clutter & Decorate with Softness
• Basic Components of Building a Home
• Coolest Basement Ideas of All Time