Remodeling your home can be an exciting prospect. There are so many ways a home’s appearance can transform both inside and out. Remodeling the outside is especially fun, as there is nothing like coming home to a warm and inviting abode. Choosing what area of the exterior to focus on can be difficult, though.
Reimagine the Façade
Some of the quickest and most stunning exterior home remodeling ideas center around updating the façade. The façade is quite literally the “face” of your home. It’s the first thing you, your neighbors, and passing strangers see. Adding lighting along paths and on the porch makes a house seem warmer and more inviting. Adding container plants and updating flower beds around the front of the house will create a beautiful contrast to a home’s color and structure. One of the most fantastic updates a homeowner can make is to overhaul their entryways. The addition of a custom solid wood door creates a down-to-earth and luxurious vibe everyone will feel. Fixing and painting or staining wooden porches or repair concrete steps is a great trick to make a house look instantly renewed.
Update Siding and Trim
In addition to improving your home’s health, updating siding and trim can also make a house instantly more attractive. Redoing siding is a great opportunity to try a new color combo for your façade. There’s nothing like a fresh coat of paint or a different color to make a house really pop in the neighborhood. Trim, too, can really help a house stand out, and repainting or replacing it is a subtle way to capture attention and admiration. Most of all, though, the siding and trim are a house’s first line of defense against the forces of nature. Bugs, birds, and furry friends love to chew on these features. It’s a good idea to keep a close eye out for wear of this type.
Beautify the Yard
Finally, one of the most stunning exterior home remodeling ideas involves updating the yard. Consider adding flagstone paths, installing permanent or raised garden beds, and reconsidering your foliage or lack thereof. Bare yards may be easy to mow, but they are not the best for the environment or your own enjoyment. Small ponds, decorative birdbaths and feeders, and other beautiful arrangements can bring a yard to life and make a house feel much more like a home.
Read More Home Improvement Tips, Click here.
• Stunning Home Exterior Remodeling Ideas
• The Basics of Contemporary Interior Design
• Home Maintenance Skills Everyone Should Know
• Reasons Why your Asphalt Driveway is Cracking
• Top Reasons Why your House is Always Cold
• How to Get Your Home Ready For Winter
• Where to Insulate Your Home
• Things to Do Before Selling Your Home
• Tips for Remodeling Your Garage
• Common Causes of Residential Flooding
• Save with Senior Home Modifications
• Household Problems You Should NEVER Fix Yourself
• 5 Big Home Maintenance Tasks You Should Do In the Spring
• What to Consider When Building Your New Home
• Causes of Leaky Basements
• Basic Components of Building a Home
• Coolest Basement Ideas of All Time
Home Interior Stories:
• Affordable Home Improvement Ideas
• How to Prepare for Junk Removal
• Common Aquarium Mistakes
• Best Paint Colors for the Bathroom
• Simple DIY Projects to Improve the Value of Your Home
• Ways to De-Clutter & Decorate with Softness
• Ways To Add Personality to a Boring Room
• Different Types of Tiling For Your Home
• Tips For Your Home Theater
• Best Interior Renovations for Increasing Home Value
• Ways to Make Your Home Look Cleaner
• Creative Ways To Decorate Your Hallway