Whether you’re building a new house or you bought a home, there’s a good chance you have an unfinished basement. There’s nothing wrong with an unfinished basement, as long as it’s sealed and waterproof, and you’re merely using it for storage. All that said, a lot of people want their basement to be something more than a storage room. If you’re at a standstill and you’re not sure what to do with your basement, we’ve got you covered. Check out the coolest basement ideas of all time below.
A wet bar or wine cellar
Whether you’re planning on entertaining and having friends over after COVID-19 or you’re merely a beer, wine, and spirit aficionado, you should have a wet bar. Of course, if wine is more up your alley, you might have more fun with a wine cellar where you can channel your inner oenophile. If you’re not much of a drinker but still enjoy entertaining, a wet bar or wine cellar is a great addition to any basement. Read our Wine Articles HERE.
Your own movie theater
We’ve all heard about movie stars and professional athletes who have movie theaters in their homes, but who said you can’t have one too? You’re a superstar, as well! Paint the walls a dark color, install some carpeting and elevated seating, and you’re halfway there. The only other items you’ll need are a screen or a projector and a bare wall, and a popcorn machine. Read more about this here.
A state-of-the-art gym
Is all this talk of drinks and popcorn making you cringe? Then maybe you’d benefit more from a gym. Most gyms aren’t even open right now, so a lot of people have created makeshift gyms at home instead. Get a weight bench, squat rack, dumbbells, and a cardio machine, then top the basement off with some rubber mats. You might also want to add a sound system so you can crank the tunes while you’re pumping iron. Learn how to stay safe in the at-home gym here.
The ultimate kids’ playroom
If you’re a parent, you might be going a little crazy trying to entertain your kids during the Coronavirus. We feel your pain. That’s why you should turn your basement into a play center. Tons of manufacturers make smaller slides that could fit indoors, along with padded flooring. Plus, the kids probably have more than enough toys that they can keep downstairs. It’s a win-win! The kids stay inside and healthy, and their toys stay in a designated area. Learn more Parenting Skills
There are so many more cool basement ideas, but there are several things you should do to an unfinished basement before making it awesome. The most important part is that you love your basement and feel comfortable hanging out there.
Create a Custom Shower Oasis to Last a Lifetime
Bring your vision to life, discover your ultimate shower design aesthetic or create your own with American Standard’s experts. There is a lifetime warranty. Click here to see photos of Modern Farmhouse, Rustic, French Country, Contemporary, Minimalist, and Traditional styles. You can trust American Standards 150 years of bath and shower expertise. With just three easy steps, you can get a quote from the comfort of your home online. Continue Reading. . .
Home Interior Stories:
• Affordable Home Improvement Ideas
• Common Aquarium Mistakes
• Best Paint Colors for the Bathroom
• Simple DIY Projects to Improve the Value of Your Home
• Ways to De-Clutter & Decorate with Softness
• Ways To Add Personality to a Boring Room
• Different Types of Tiling For Your Home
• Tips For Your Home Theater
• Best Interior Renovations for Increasing Home Value
• Ways to Make Your Home Look Cleaner
• Creative Ways To Decorate Your Hallway
• Coolest Basement Ideas of All Time
Read More Home Improvement Tips, Click here.
• Stunning Home Exterior Remodeling Ideas
• Home Maintenance Skills Everyone Should Know
• Reasons Why your Asphalt Driveway is Cracking
• Top Reasons Why your House is Always Cold
• How to Get Your Home Ready For Winter
• Where to Insulate Your Home
• Things to Do Before Selling Your Home
• Tips for Remodeling Your Garage
• Common Causes of Residential Flooding
• Save with Senior Home Modifications
• Household Problems You Should NEVER Fix Yourself
• 5 Big Home Maintenance Tasks You Should Do In the Spring
• What to Consider When Building Your New Home
• Causes of Leaky Basements
• Basic Components of Building a Home