One thing Northwest Indiana has plenty of is Farmers Markets. Over the years, these markets have changed from your old time venue to be more up-scale and popular activity for young and old.
Some have live music, Craft Beer, Arts and Crafts and even Antiques! So support your local farmers, you’ll find all kinds of hand made products too! You’ll find locally grown seasonal vegetables, and fruits and flowers. In addition, you’ll find Fresh baked breads and pastries, Handmade jewelry and soaps. Some have Local honey local Gourmet cheeses and local eggs- just to name a few. Here’s a list to help you find your local foods:
Discover Northwest Indiana’s Fun Things To DO Including Indoor Fun, Lake Michigan Beaches, Biking, Local Splash Pads, Miniature Golf, Local Festivals, Parks and Recreation and Indiana Dunes.
If You Are Visiting Northwest Indiana you might be interested in our Sunday Brunch, Local Farmer’s Markets, Summer Festivals, Fall Festivals, July 4th Weekend, Memorial Day Weekend, Labor day Weekend, local Steakhouses, and local Dining.
1. Crown Point Farmers’ Market – May 28th Thru Sept. 24th, 2022
The NEW! Bulldog park is located at 183 S. West St. Crown Point It is open from May 28th – September 24th, 2022. They are open on Saturdays from 8:00am – 1:00pm. The Host is the Mayor’s Office of Special Events and can be reached by calling 219-662-3290, or 219-661-2271. Change Location on June 4th and June 16th, 2022 www.crownpoint.in.gov.
3. The Griffith Central Market – May 20th Thru Sept. 16th
Located at Central park, 600 N. Broad St.Griffith, IN, OPEN! May 20th thru Sept. 16th, 2022 – There is Craft Beer and Music every week. They are open Fridays: 3:00 pm – 9:00 pm. They can be reached by calling 219-484-6697, or visit www.griffith.in.gov.
4. The Highland Now on Wednesdays – Featuring: Baked goods• Cheese• Arts & crafts• Herbs• Vegetables• Honey• Fruits• Pet food • Pastries. Located at Main Square, 3001 Ridge Road, Highland, Indiana. They are open June 8th – Aug. 31st. 2022, 2022 on Wednesdays 9am- 1:00pm.
ALSO Vendors & Concert At SECOND SUNDAY CONCERTS :
They have Live Bands Concert performance every 2nd Sunday, bring a chair. The Host is Highland Parks & Recreation Department, 219-838-0114, www.highlandparks.org.
5. At the Hobart Summer Market on the Lake – May 26th Thru Aug. 11th, 2022
You’ll find fresh produce, baked goods, ethnic & gourmet foods, children’s craft area, jewelry, handmade crafts, a beer garden, and so much more. After your shopping is complete, stay for an evening of live entertainment featuring some live music of the regions best bands, in the Festival Park Bandshell beginning at 6 pm. 3rd and Main Street, Hobart. It is open May 26th – August 11th, 2022 on Thursdays from 4:00 pm – 9:00 pm. The Host is the City of Hobart Special Events and can be reached at 219-406-1938. For Entertainment & Movies Line up Click here
6. Cedar Lake: Opening May 11th, 2022 – Thru October 26th, 2022.
Held the 2ND & 4th Wednesday monthly from 3 – 7 PM – extended summer hours to 8 pm, at the Town Grounds/7408 Constitution Ave (next to the Lighthouse Restaurant) Something for everyone! For more information, contact Kelly Dykstra at or visit at “Cedar Lake Farmers Market” on Facebook! or Website
7. The Miller Beach Farmers’ Market (OPEN 2022) – May 15 Thru Sept. 25th, 2022
Located at 667 S. Lake Street, Gary, IN 46403. They have Organic Produce, Baked goods, Jewelry & Crafts, Flowers & Plants, Honey & Jams, Poultry & Eggs and Cheeses. They are open May 15th, 2022 thru SEPTEMBER 25th, 2022 on Sundays from 11:00am – 1:00pm. They are Hosted by Miller Beach Arts, and can be reached by Email: or calling 219-238-6758. Click Here For MORE! They offer online and presales at: www.localline.ca/miller-beach-farmers-market
8. The Munster Market (OPEN 2022 NEW DAY AND FORMAT!) – June 12th Thru Sept. 25th, 2022
Located at Centennial park at 900 N. Centennial Dr. Munster, Indiana. This year the market will last 8 weeks in duration, they are excited to launch our new Community Market with LIVE MUSIC. 1st & 3rd Sundays, June 12th through Sunday, September 15th, 2022 from 9:00am – 2:00pm. They can be reached at 219-836-PARK or click here for Full Entertainment Schedule and Dates.
8. The St. John Farmers’ Market – Thru Oct. 31st.
Located at Community Outpatient Centre Parking lot, 9660 Wicker Ave., St. John. They are open May 2nd – October 31st, 2021 on Sundays; 8:00am – 1:00pm. They are Hosted by the Town of St. John. They can be reached at 219-365-6465 or http://www.stjohnin.com.
10. Dyer Community Market and Live concert Series, –
NEW! OPENING 2022 Pheasant Hills Park, Markets days will be held on the following Tuesdays: May 31st, June 14, 28; July 12, 26; August 19, and 23; Sep 6th, 2022. from 4pm to 8pm. Their normal summer concert series will now be combined with the Dyer Community Market, so bands will be playing from 4:00pm- 8:00pm on each one of these Tuesdays. 865-2505, firstname.lastname@example.org. 865-2505.
11. Winfield Market, CLOSED.
12a Schererville Market NEW!– May4th – Oct. 19th 2022
1st and 3rd Wednesdays, 2021, Sherwood Park, 500 E. Joliet Rd., Schererville, from 3-8pm, CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFO! (219) 865-5530.
10. Demotte Market in the Park, Wednesdays, June 2nd Thru July 28th. Facebook
12b. The LaPorte Farmers’ Market – Located at Lincolnway and Monroe Street, Downtown LaPorte, LaPorte, Indiana. They have Fruit, vegetables, meat, eggs, cheese, honey, and often home baked goods. They are open May 22nd – October 9th, 2022 on Saturdays from 8:00am – 1:00 pm. They can be reached by calling 219-362-2325 or visit Facebook.
Friday Night Markets TBD.
13. The Michigan City Farmers’ Market – Located at 8th and Washington Street in Michigan City. They have freshest produce, providing a space filled with locally grown food & artisan goods. They are open from May 7th, 2022– October 29 on Saturdays from 8:00am – 1:00pm. They are hosted by Michigan City Mainstreet Association and can be reached by calling
219-873-4038 More Info Click here OPENING MAY 7th 2022!
13a. 2022 Dates To Be Determined, The St. Stanislaus of Michigan City Farmers’ Market was located at 1500 Franklin Street (105 Ann Street) Michigan City. They were open on Saturdays They can be reached by calling (219) 210-2055 https://www.facebook.com/ststansfarmersmarket/
15. The Chesterton’s European Market –Located at the Corner of Broadway and Third Street by Thomas Centennial Park, Chesterton. They are open from May 7th thru October 30th, 2022 on Saturdays from 8:00 am-2:00pm. They are hosted by the Chesterton/Duneland Chamber of Commerce and can be reached at 219-926-5513 or CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFO
16 a. CLOSED The Burns Harbor’s Food Truck Square – Located at 1237 Westport Rd., Burns Harbor, Burns Harbor. They have live music, food trucks, market vendors, beer garden, and so much more! There will be a bounce house for kids. Opening to be Determined (Wednesdays?) from 5pm – 9pm. They can be reached at 219-243-0452 or http://www.burnsharbor-in.gov and Facebook.
17. The Coffee Creek Farmer’s Market – Located at the NE Corner of I 80/90 & IN 49, 850 E 1050N, Chesterton. They are Open from May 5th – October 18th, 2022 on Wednesdays 3:00 – 7:00 p.m. In addition on Every 3rd Wednesday has a Artisan/Craft at the Ampitheatre. They can be reached at 219-707-9327.
17a. The Portage Market on the Square (OPENING 2022)
June 13th Thru August 19th, 2022. Founders Square Park at 6300 Founders Square, Portage Indiana, Begins July 10th, 2020 thru Aug. 11th. They have fresh produce, crafts, vendors, food trucks and tents, movie at dusk and live music. Every Friday from 3 pm – 9pm, 219-762-1675.
16. The Valparaiso’s Central Park Plaza Market (OPEN 2022) – Thru Oct. 15th, 2022
Located at Central Park Plaza – 68 Lafayette St. Valparaiso, Indiana. They are open June 4th – October 15th, 2022 on Saturdays; 9:00am – 1:00pm, and Tuesdays; 9:00am – 1:00pm. They are hosted by the Valparaiso Community Festival & Events and can be reached at 219-464-8332.
17. Edge of Liberty Farm, Last Sunday Each Month, 606 N. Calumet Ave., Valparaiso Crafts, Farm good, organic gardening, 219-242-8320. www.edge-of-liberty.com.
NWI FARMERS MARKETS SORTED BY DAY:
Coffee Creek (Chesterton);
Cedar Lake – 2nd and 4th Wednesdays
Winfield Outdoor Summer Market TO BE DETERMINED
Chesterton, Crown Point, LaPorte, Lowell (2nd Saturday only) Michigan City, Valparaiso, Whiting, Cedar Lake American Legion Market,
Miller Beach, St. John, Munster (Select Sundays)
and Highland (Select Sundays)
One thing Northwest Indiana has plenty of is U-Pick Farms. Over the years, these farms have changed from your old time venue to be more up-scale and popular activity for young and old.
— LAKE COUNTY —
Continue Reading . . .
OTHER TOPICS YOU MIGHT BE INTERESTED IN:
|Local Amusement Parks||Area Birding Articles|
|Parks And Recreation||Nature Lovers|
|Tourism Information||Wine Lovers Tips||Health And Wellness|
• Local Indoor Fun Facilities
• 26 Hiking Trails In Northwest Indiana
• 4 Fun Tourist Destinations in Northwest Indiana
• NwIndiana Recreation
• Local Amusement Parks
• Albanese Candy Factory – Hobart/Merrillville
•Try the 3 Dune Challenge
• Indiana Dunes State Park
• Visit The Indiana Dunes
• Mascot Hall of Fame – Whiting
• Lake Michigan Beaches
• Friendship Botanic Gardens – Michigan City
• Blueberry Picking In Northwest Indiana
• Visit A Farmers Market – with Artisan Foods and Hand-Made Art
• Visit Mount Baldy – Indiana Dunes
• Washington Park Zoo – Michigan City
• Buckley Homestead – Lowell
• Hesston Steam Museum – LaPorte
• Local Places With Sunday Brunch
• Local Steakhouses