Northwest Indiana steakhouses and Steak Restaurants
Our Comprehensive Overview of fine Northwest Indiana steakhouses and Steak Restaurants presents the top spots to get sizzling sirloin and fiery fillets – rare, medium, well — to enhance your eating out experience. It’s very common today, to go to a restaurant and someone in your party wants to have a steak and they don’t offer any choices.
Below we have compiled this list for the steak lovers in your family. All of these places are open every day, except where indicated. And all of them have a full menu and a full bar, except where indicated below.
We did include the National Franchises, which you will recognize the name and are familiar with their presentation, but many of these are locally owned or family owned and operated with their own unique style of signature entrees and atmosphere and usually the owner is also the cook! We have also tried to indicate those with outdoor dining.
However, in compiling this list we found that not everyone serves prime rib, so if that is your goal, this post is essential. There are only 13 places that serve prime rib. (to find them click here) Have fun and enjoy your meal!
- Bella Bistro, 3940 Franklin St, Michigan City, City 879-7612 bellabistromichigancity.com 11am-3:30pm reservations www.opentable.com, American bistro with a touch of Europe, soft cozy atmosphere.Great quality food at reasonable price.
2. Bistro 54, 54 Main St., Hobart, 947-2817, www.bistro54main.com, open Thur. – Sat. only, full bar, Quaint old house on the waterfront with a fresh farm to fork menu, located on George Lake, outdoor patio,
3. Don Quijote Spanish Restaurante, 119 E. Lincolnway, Valparaiso, 462-7976, fine dining, family owned, over 32 years in business, outdoor dining, full menu, See our article here
4. Café Borgia, 10018 Calumet Ave., Munster, 922-8889, www.cafeboriga.com fine dining, braised boneless beef rib with polenta, cozy little European café atmosphere, full bar, outdoor patio, casual attire.
5. Dish Restaurant, 3907 Calumet Ave, Valparaiso, 465-9221, www.dishrestaurant.net, bone in Ribeye, Filet of beef, Steak Frites, Kobe beef, lamb chops, full menu, outdoor seating,
6. Fahrenheit Two Twelve, 10805 Broadway, Crown Point, 663-8160 www.fht212.com, 8am-1:30pm, no reservations- walk in only, $ 10.59 adults, $4.59 Children Relaxed American restaurant & bar serving steak, seafood & entrees.
7. Enzo’s, 601 Michigan Ave., Laporte, 326-8000, www.trattoriaenzo.com, Filet Mignon, closed Sundays, full bar, casual attire,
8. Freddy’s Steakhouse, 6442 Kennedy Ave., 844-1500, Signature steak, Prime Rib, Porterhouse, Ribeye, Filet Mignon, Filet Medallions, Sirloin, New York, chopped Steak, open every day, intimate romantic atmosphere.
9. Frankie V’s, 1923 Calumet Ave., Whiting, 655-5454, Open Every day, Top Sirloin, Porter House, Ribeye, pork chop, full bar, full menu, quaint intimate setting, Historic building, near Horseshoe Casino, great reviews on yelp.
10. Emerald Green at Lost Marsh Golf Course, 1001 – 129th St., Hammond, Restaurant: 228-2526. located at Lost Marsh Golf course, cocktails, also close to Horseshoe Casino.
11. Galveston Steakhouse, 10 Commerce Sq. Michigan City, 879-5555, New York, Ribeye, Chopped Sirloin, Filet Mignon, Prime Rib, Filet medallions, lamb shanks, bloomin onion, full bar, full menu, casual attire, located close to Washington Park and Lighthouse Place.
12. Gamba Ristorante, 455 E. 84th Dr. Merrillville, 736-5000, www.gambaristorante.com, closed Sundays, New York, Filet Mignon, upscale eclectic atmosphere, full bar, expansive wine list,
13. Ginos Steakhouse, 600 E. 81st Ave., (Hwy 30) Merrillville, 769-4466, Filer Mignon, Bone-in Filet, New York, Bone-in Ribeye, Filet Medallions, Peppercorn Sirloin, Porterhouse, Rib eye, open every day, romantic intimate atmosphere, full bar, upscale dining.
14. Gino’s Steak House, 1259 Joliet St., Dyer, 865-3854, www.GinosSteakHouse.com, same as above.
15. Hesston Supper Club, 2003 E. 1000th N, LaPorte, 778-2938, www.hestonSupperClub.com, New York, Filet Mignon, Peppercorn Steak, Black and blue Ribeye, Lobster, casual attire, open everyday, full bar, casual attire.
16. House of Kobe, 8101 Broadway, Merrillville, 525-1059, www.houseofkobe.com, little water falls and fountains, great sushi, Food is cooked right in front of you, the hibachi cooks really know how to offer razzle dazzle showmanship as they prepare your food.
17. Keith’s Steakhouse, 1872 Indianapolis Blvd., Whiting, 659-4444, www.keithsbarandgrill.com, Filet, lamb chops, rack of lamb, full menu, closed Sundays, casual attire, full bar, quaint intimate setting, Historic building, near Horseshoe Casino, great reviews on yelp.
18. Kelsey’s Steak House, 2300 Morthland Dr. (Hwy 30) Valparaiso, 462-4022, as the only steakhouse in Valpo, place is always crowded,Prime Rib, Filet Mignon, Porterhouse, New York, top Sirloin, Filet medallions, Rib eye, bone in Rib eye, open every day, full bar, casual attire, family owned and operated, expect Long lines and long wait times.
19. Lighthouse Restaurant– 7501 Constitution Ave, Cedar Lake, 374-9283 www.cedarlakeLighthouse.com, Menu: places.singleplatform.com, Nautically themed restaurant features steaks, seafood & other American fare plus lakefront views.
20. LongHorn Steakhouse, 1650 Olmstead Dr. Portage, 762-5911, www.longhornSteakhouse.com, open every day, great reviews on yelp, see steaks listed below.
21. Longhorn Steakhouse, 2345 E. 80th Merrillville, 736-9340, pPorterhouse, Filet, New York, full bar, moderately priced, open every day,
22. Main + Lincoln, 210 E. Lincolnway, Valparaiso, 510-5548, www.mainandlincoln.com grilled new York strip, limited menu, rustic atmosphere with large windows and brick walls, hardwood floors, outside seating,
23. Martinis Steak & Seafood, 1004 Calumet Ave, Valparaiso, 464-0801, www.martinisinvalpo.com, New York, Rib eye, Filet Mignon, Sirloin, Lamb chops, Family-run venue for chophouse fare & Mediterranean featuring a patio & a laid-back lounge.
25. Outback Steakhouse, 1590 E. Lincoln Hwy., (Hwy 30) Merrillville,736-8995, known for their bloomin’ onion, Prime Rib, filet, sirloin, Rib eye, New York, Porterhouse, Filet and lobster, medium priced.
26. Patrick’s Grille, 4125 Franklin St., Michigan City, 873-9401, www.patricksgrille.com, full bar, locally owned and operated by Patrick Wilkins, serve Ribeye, Filet Mignon, strip steak, and Philly steak sandwich, large portions, expansive menu, great service, priced right, casual attire, close to Marquette Mall, closed Sundays.
28. Pikk’s Tavern, 62 W. Lincolnway, Valparaiso, 476-7455, www.pikkstavern.com, full bar, Rib eye, Filet, New York, open faced steak sandwich, porterhouse, open 7 days, rustic atmosphere with brick walls and hard wood floors.
29. Portofino Grill, 3233 N State Rd. 39, La Porte, 325-8541, Prime Rib, New York, Ribeye, Filet Mignon, Steak Diane, Lobster, located on Briar Leaf golf course, full menu, outdoor seating, casual attire, family owned and operated, closed Sundays,
30. Prime Steakhouse, 109 W. Joilet St., Crown Point, 663-7377, www.primeSteakHouseCP.com, Filet Mignon, Rib eye, Chopped Sirloin, New York, Bone in Ribeye, Lobster, full menu, open everyday, casual attire, full bar, intimate and romantic upscale ambience,
31. Theo’s Steaks and Seafood, 9144 Indianapolis Blvd. Highland, 838-8000, www.theoshighland.com, bone in Rib eye, Porterhouse, Filet Mignon, New York, Theo’s Special Filet, rack of lamb, open everyday, casual attire, full bar, outdoor patio,
32. Texas Corral, 5718 Franklin St. Michigan City, 871-1545, www.texascorral.net, Porterhouse, Filet Mignon, Steak & Lobster, Texas Strip, Cowboy Steak, Sirloin, T-bone, Boneless Ribeye, Prime Rib,
33. Texas Corral, 9200 Indianapolis Blvd. Highland, see above
34. Texas Corral,5880 US Hwy 6, Portage, 764-7575, see above, open 7 days.
35. Texas Corral, 312 W. 81st Ave., Merrillville, 769-1101 see above,
36. Texas Roadhouse, 6130 E. US Hwy 6, Portage, 762-5900 www.texasroadhouse.com. See below.
37. Texas Roadhouse, 2070 Calumet Ave., Dyer, 322-9420, www.TexasRoadhouse.com, New York, Dallas Fillet, Porterhouse, Bone-in Rib eye, Prime Rib (3 sizes), Chopped Steak, Sirloin, Rib eye, Filet, open every day, full bar, very casual.
38. T-Bones Pier Eleven,1110 Lakeside St. La Porte, 324-4192, www.pleastshore.com, T-Bone, New York, Filet Mignon, Filet Medallions, rack of lamb, Flat iron, open every day, full menu, located on Pine Lake, wood burning grill, full bar, kitchen open late.
39. Town Club Steak and Seafood, 2904 – 45th St., Highland, 924-5227, www.tounclubon45th.com closed Mondays, full menu, family owned and operated, chared Prime Rib every night, Rib eye, Lobster, Frog legs, full bar.
40. True BBQ & Whiskey Bar , 8940 Calumet Ave, Munster, 836.2122, 11am-3pm, Reservations, www.truebbqandwhiskey.com Cajun Rib eye, Porterhouse, smoked Beef Brisket, homemade rubs, sauces, vegan & Gluten Free selections, and specialty desserts. Large Tables & Leather banquettes, fireplaces, banquet space & patio.
46. White Rhino, 101 Joliet St., Dyer, 864-9200, www.whiterhinoonline.com open daily 10a – 3p, late night dining, family friendly, gourmet entrees, over 120 different beers.
47. William B’s Steakhouse, 777 Blue chip Dr. Michigan City, 879-7711 www.bluechipcasino.com, Filet Mignon, New York, Bone-in Rib eye, Porterhouse, Prime Rib, open every day, full menu, valet parking.
Read Our Several Other Dining Articles By Clicking HERE Not a Steak Lover but A Wine Lover? Read our several Wine Articles by Click here!
OTHER TOPICS YOU MIGHT BE INTERESTED IN:
Local Amusement Parks Area Birding Articles Parks And Recreation Nature Lovers Tourism Information Wine Lovers Tips Health And Wellness
More Tourism Related Stories:
Local Indoor Fun Facilities
Local Amusement Parks
East Chicago Marina
Hidden Lake Park, Merrillville
Albanese Candy Factory – Hobart/Merrillville
Tips For Keeping Your Family Safe on Vacation
Visit The Indiana Dunes
Mascot Hall of Fame – Whiting
Lake Michigan Beaches
Friendship Botanic Gardens – Michigan City
Blueberry Picking In Northwest Indiana
Visit A Farmers Market – with Artisan Foods and Hand-Made Art
Visit Mount Baldy – Indiana Dunes
Washington Park Zoo – Michigan City
Buckley Homestead – Lowell
Hesston Steam Museum – LaPorte
If You Are Visiting The Region you might be interested in our Sunday Brunch, Local Farmer’s Markets, Summer Festivals, Fall Festivals, July 4th Weekend, Memorial Day Weekend, Labor day Weekend, local Steakhouses, and local Dining.