The City of Valparaiso is extending the mask requirement and COVID social-distancing guidelines for City buildings, services and meetings, announced Mayor Matt Murphy. “To get us to the finish line, the City of Valparaiso supports Porter County Health Department guidelines of continued vigilance,” said Mayor Matt Murphy.
The Porter County Health Department has just released recommendations to continue the wearing of face coverings in public indoor spaces, encouraging social distancing and reinforcing the guidance of staying home when ill. In support of these guidelines, the City of Valparaiso reminds the community that the following guidelines remain in place:
• Masks are required in public spaces of all City of Valparaiso facilities.
• Masks are required on all City of Valparaiso transit, including V-Line, ChicaGo Dash and Transit Connect. Buses continue to be cleaned vigilantly, including the use of hospitalgrade disinfecting.
• Public meetings will be live streamed and available later via video, using the “Watch Public Meetings” button on Valpo.us. The public may attend meetings in person by reserving a spot in advance, in order to maintain distancing requirements.
• Many conveniences created during COVID-19 will continue indefinitely as they were found to be a service to residents, including remote payment options for utilities, remote meetings, and the “Voice a Concern” button on Valpo.us where residents may alert city departments and request service.
The Porter County Health Department is working closely with the Indiana Department of Health
to vaccinate residents 16 and older. “If a third surge can be prevented in the intervening time,
the risk of large numbers of additional hospitalizations and deaths can also be prevented.
Preventing transmission also decreases opportunities for variants to develop and propagate,”
said Maria Stamp, Porter County Health Officer.
Valparaiso Events is working to create a calendar of events for 2021, using guidance from the Porter County Health Department. To learn about events, such as Chocolate Walk, Valparaiso Market (with online options), Summer Movies and the Summer Concert Series, visit ValparaisoEvents.com.
To learn more about City of Valparaiso services and news, visit the city’s website at Valpo.us and follow Valparaiso Now on Facebook.
How to Make Your Bedroom More Cozy
Are you considering redecorating your bedroom into something more tranquil and inviting? Check out these small ways to make your bedroom more cozy.
Continue Reading →
How To Not Get Lost on a Road Trip
In the age of apps, it seems impossible for anyone to get lost. But with service not being the same everywhere, there’s always a chance of realizing you don’t know where the heck you are without any cell signal. Don’t fret—it’s an easily fixed situation with a little preparation and communication. Here’s how to not…
Nwi Symphony Orchestra Announces 3 Concerts
String Quartet Concert: April 9th, IN-PERSON: $30 Seating is: Limited Capacity, Socially Distanced, General Admission. Masks will be required at all times while in the building and for the duration of the performance. Temperatures will be taken upon entry. In-person attendees will receive a private link to a recording of the concert after April 19, that will be available…
Spring Cleaning? The Best Ways To Get Rid of Your Clothing
Looking for a way to clear your mind? Start with your closet. Explore the best ways to get rid of your unwanted clothing and how it can impact you.
Continue Reading →
Gary Indiana Opens Mass Vaccination Site
On Monday, March 29th, 2021, Governor Holcomb, in partnership with the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), announced the opening of an eight-week mass vaccination clinic in Gary. The clinic will run from April 7 to June 2 at the former Roosevelt High School, and will be capable of administering 3,000 COVID-19 vaccines per day. The… Continue Reading →
Backyarding Is The New Trend for 2021
“Backyarding,” the new trend to move many indoor activities–from working in an office or classroom to dining and recreation–to the great outdoors, is growing. Under pandemic conditions, yards and other managed landscapes became a safe haven for social gatherings, celebrating milestones/holidays, working, studying, playing, exercising, relaxing. Here are some ways…
Discover More About Valparaiso –
• Cafe 306 – NEW Restaurant Downtown Valparaiso
• Central Plaza Activity Center – Downtown Valparaiso
• Front Porch Music
• Concerts in Valparaiso
• Valparaiso Chocolate Walk
• Chicago Street Theatre
• Memorial Opera House
• Songbird B&B Awarded Best Romantic Getaway in Indiana!
• Don Quijote Spanish Restaurant
• Porter County Fair
• Central Plaza Ice Rink
• Hayrides at Rogers Lakewood Park
• Visit Gabis Arboretum
• Visit Ogden Gardens
• Hiking at Sunset Hill County park
• Calendar of Events In Valparaiso
• Hike the Moraine Nature Preserve
• Things To Do In Chesterton
• Things To Do In Michigan City
• Things to do in Portage
• Things to do in Indiana Dunes