After much consideration, the Popcorn Festival Committee along with the City of Valparaiso have decided it is best to cancel the 2020 Valparaiso Popcorn Festival (Official).
This decision did not come lightly, please trust that they looked at every aspect and weighed every option. They thought of the vendors, parade participants, countless volunteers, staff, first responders and attendees.
The committee wishes all of festival supporters a safe and healthy path ahead and very much look forward to seeing our friends at the festival in 2021.
The popcorn Festival is always held the first Saturday after Labor Day which would have been September 12th, 2020.
This long-standing community tradition was returning for its 40th year. The Valparaiso Popcorn Festival offers family-fun activities for all ages.
Over 250 arts & crafts booths, 35 food booths, kids’ games, five-mile Popcorn Panic, two live music stages and the nation’s first Popcorn Parade are only the beginning of the excitement of this incredible festival. Folks enjoy the live entertainment on the Main Stage at the Porter Health Amphitheater from 12 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
This is the first time the Popcorn Festival has ever been Cancelled, even the parade has never been cancelled.
Discover More About Valparaiso –
• Central Plaza Activity Center – Downtown Valparaiso
• Front Porch Music
• Concerts in Valparaiso
• Valparaiso Chocolate Walk
• Chicago Street Theatre
• Memorial Opera House
• Songbird B&B Awarded Best Romantic Getaway in Indiana!
• Don Quijote Spanish Restaurant
• Porter County Fair
• Central Plaza Ice Rink
• Hayrides at Rogers Lakewood Park
• Visit Gabis Arboretum
• Visit Ogden Gardens
• Hiking at Sunset Hill County park
• Calendar of Events In Valparaiso
• Things To Do In Chesterton
• Things To Do In Michigan City
• Things to do in Portage
• Things to do in Indiana Dunes
• Hike the Moraine Nature Preserve – Valparaiso