The Gary SouthShore RailCats 2016 promotional schedule is loaded with family fun as the RailCats celebrate their 15th Anniversary Season at the U.S. Steel Yard! Single game tickets go on sale at 9am on Monday, April 18. RailCats fans can enjoy nine giveaways, two special jerseys auctions, fourteen fireworks shows, and numerous special events.
Starting with Opening Day on Friday, May 27th, the RailCats will have fourteen explosive fireworks shows, including every Fifth Third Bank Fireworks Friday game. Get in the patriotic spirit with our Independence Day Fireworks Extravaganza on July 4th and make sure you’re here for our brand new special fireworks shows on selected Saturdays. (6/25, 7/23, 8/27, 9/3)
The 2016 schedule will feature nine free giveaways for fans:
- May 27th – 15th Anniversary Poster presented by Smartcard & American Printing (First 1,000 fans)
- May 28th & 29th – Magnet Schedule presented by Great Lake Orthopedics (First 1,000 fans)
- July 4th – Floppy Hat presented by Fifth Third Bank (First 1,000 adults)
- July 9th – Belgium Style Mustard presented by Stanz Foodservice (First 500 adults)
- July 10th – 2016 Team Photo presented by Hoosier Bat (First 1,000 fans)
- July 21st – Lottery Tickets presented by Hoosier Lottery (First 1,000 adults)
- July 23rd – Aviator Sunglasses presented by Hobart Jaycees (First 500 adults)
- August 26th – Fan Designed T-Shirt courtesy of Methodist Hospitals (First 1,000 adults)
- August 28th – 2016 Team Card Set (First 1,000 fans)
RailCats fans will have the opportunity to be here for some special events:
- May 28th – Experience the first multi-sport doubleheader in RailCats history as the Chicago Wildfire face off against the Indianapolis Alleycats in American Ultimate Disc League (AUDL) action!
- June 11th – The Baseball, Brews & Blues Craft Beer festival returns to U.S. Steel Yard! Don’t miss your chance to try 100s of craft beers and, NEW FOR 2016, hard sodas and wine!
- June 12th-Don’t miss the North Shore Health Fair where you’ll be able to take part in a variety of health screenings right on the concourse!
- June 24th –The Scout Night Sleepover returns to U.S. Steel Yard! Camp on the outfield grass, watch a movie, and have s’mores after the game! We’ll have a second Scout Night on August 5th, too!
- June 25th – Autism Awareness Night presented by INFEAT returns in 2016 and will feature their annual pre-game “Move Your Feet for INFEAT” 5K Run/Walk and special “Puzzle Piece” player jerseys to be auctioned off to help families dealing with Autism.
- •July 20th-Bring out your whole day camp or senior center to the annual Youth & Senior Day with a ticket special that includes a slugger meal!
- July 23rd -30th anniversary of “Top Gun” Night presented by the Hobart Jaycees will feature players wearing special “Maverick” jerseys to be auctioned off during the game. The first 500 adults will receive a pair of aviator sunglasses, just like the ones Tom Cruise wears in the movie! Proceeds from the auction will benefit the Hobart Jaycees Foundation and their mission to engage young people in NW Indiana!
- July 24th – Join us as we try to set a world record during Christmas in July with the World’s Largest White Elephant Gift Exchange. Bring a wrapped gift to U.S. Steel Yard and you’ll be given a RANDOM wrapped gift in exchange!
• August 4th – The RailCats inaugural Food Truck Rally will bring the best and brightest NW Indiana food trucks to U.S.Steel Yard! Grab a cold beer and the best food that Indiana has to offer!
- August 6th – The legend continues this year as Midget Wrestling presented by Safe House Bar & Grill returns to the SouthShore! Don’t miss it as Lil’ Kato and Beautiful Bobby duke it out for the title of Midget World Champion!
• August 20th – Don’t miss your opportunity to take home a used car EVERY INNING during our 3rd Annual Clunker Car Night!
The RailCats schedule is full of fun theme nights for everyone in the family. Your puppy will surely have fun at Bark in the Park on June 26th. Don’t miss out when we celebrate 6 Degrees of Kevin “Bacon” Night with Kevin Bacon themed games and concession specials on the glorious “meat candy” on July 8th. Dress up as your favorite princess or pirate on July 9th for Princesses and Pirates Day! Mom can win big on July 7th during the Diamond Dig courtesy of Cash Indiana Pawn Shop, while Dad gets his chance to take home a new TV on August 18th during the Remote Control Dig courtesy of Aaron’s.
Don’t miss any of the excitement this year by taking advantage of the RailCats weekly specials! Visit your Northwest Indiana Meijer stores for Meijer Monday, where fans can get free reserved seat tickets to every Monday home game. CHN Tuesdays offer the opportunity to get a free ticket at NW Indiana Community Health Net locations. Visit NorthShore Health Centers for free tickets on NorthShore Health Centers Wednesday’s. Miller Lite Thirsty Thursday returns this year with discounted beer specials all around the ballpark while Gerber Collision and Glass gives away free tickets on Gerber Thursdays! Aaron’s gives away a brand new tablet every Thursday. Don’t miss the Best Fireworks Show this side of the Toll Road on Fifth Third Bank Fireworks Friday. Surprise Saturday features events, giveaways, entertainment acts, and other great surprises for the whole family, while McDonald’s Family Sunday features free tickets at NW Indiana McDonald’s stores.
Single game tickets start at $6 and parking is always free. Purchase them, starting April 18th, at the U. S. Steel Yard Box Office, by calling 219-882-2255, or by visiting www.railcatsbaseball.com