Window cleaning is typically a task most homeowners save for the spring and summer, but cleaning before the snowy season can be beneficial. Here are a few reasons why you should clean your windows before winter.
A Clean Slate
Anyone in the Midwest knows winter means a lot of ice, snow, and salt. Ice and salt building up on your home’s exterior is inevitable. If your windows still haven’t been cleaned from the summer and fall pollen, dust, and dirt, then adding ice and salt to the mix will only make your spring-cleaning venture even more taxing. Getting your windows cleaned before winter provides you and your windows with a clean slate and will make post-winter cleaning an easier job.
The more attention you pay to your windows, the better shape they’ll be in. If you only clean your windows once a year in the warmer months, adding another cleaning to the calendar as preventative maintenance is a smart idea. In doing so, you reduce the amount of build-up that can damage your windows, keeping them in good-standing longer.
One of the most overlooked reasons why you should clean your windows before winter is your mental health. As the season change, we transition to less sunlight and more dark, gloomy days. With a reduction in natural light, many of us are susceptible to poor moods and even Seasonal Affective Disorder, which is a form of depression most common in winter months with less sunlight. Cleaning your windows is a simple way to make sure your home is soaking up as much natural sunlight as possible— without any grime in the way.
Cleaning your windows before winter hits is a great idea for making spring cleaning easier, increasing your window’s quality, and improving your mental health. Be sure to hire a professional window cleaning company before the snow hits to reap these benefits.
Read More Home Improvement Tips, Click here.
• Where to Insulate Your Home
• Things to Do Before Selling Your Home
• Tips For Your Home Theater
• Best Interior Renovations for Increasing Home Value
• Ways to Make Your Home Look Cleaner
• Creative Ways To Decorate Your Hallway
• Tips for Remodeling Your Garage
• Common Causes of Residential Flooding
• Different Types of Tiling For Your Home
• Save with Senior Home Modifications
• Household Problems You Should NEVER Fix Yourself
• 5 Big Home Maintenance Tasks You Should Do In the Spring
• Ways To Add Personality to a Boring Room
• What to Consider When Building Your New Home
• Causes of Leaky Basements
• Affordable Home Improvement Ideas
• Common Aquarium Mistakes
• Best Paint Colors for the Bathroom
• Simple DIY Projects to Improve the Value of Your Home
• Ways to De-Clutter & Decorate with Softness
• Basic Components of Building a Home
• Coolest Basement Ideas of All Time