Creekside Golf Course and Forest Park Golf Courses are scheduled to open! Valpo Parks staff has been working on best practice protocol to re-open Creekside and open Forest Park within a phased approach for the safety of customers and staff.
They have also now acquired Personal Protection Equipment that is appropriate for our work and that would not take away from needed priorities for essential workers and services. As a result, the Mayor, the City Administrator and the Park Board President have agreed that we are ready to open Creekside Golf Course in a first phase that will require minimal staff /customer interaction.
This will happen on Wednesday April 22 and at Forest Park in a similar first phase on Monday, April 27. They will monitor customer and staff ongoing environments as well as the Governor’s and Mayor’s directions before moving to next phases.
Forest Park is located at 1155 Sheffield Drive, and Creekside is located at 2355 Clifford Rd. More info and booking at www.valparaisogolf.com.
What to expect:
- Carts are allowed
One person per cart
Cart is disinfected between uses
Tee times 15 minutes apart
Tee times are highly recommended
Clubhouse will be closed
Must pay over the phone with CC only
Call 219-531-7888 to pay
No flag sticks or bunker rakes will be placed on the course
Leave a parking space between you and the next car
Allow 6 feet between you and others
No public restrooms onsite
Allow 15 Minutes Between tea times
No bunker rakes, flag sticks or ball washers on the course
Practice Social Distancing at all times
Do not share Clubs, golf balls or tees
Dispose of your own trash properly
Michigan City Golf Course and Beechwood Golf Course in LaPorte are both opening on May 1st with social distancing measures in place.
Discover More About Valparaiso –
• Central Plaza Activity Center – Downtown Valparaiso
• Front Porch Music
• Concerts in Valparaiso
• Valparaiso Chocolate Walk
• Chicago Street Theatre
• Memorial Opera House
Hike the Moraine Nature Preserve – Valpo
Hiking At Sunset Hill County Park – Valpo
• Songbird B&B Awarded Best Romantic Getaway in Indiana!
• Don Quijote Spanish Restaurant
• Porter County Fair
• Central Plaza Ice Rink
• Hayrides at Rogers Lakewood Park
• Visit Gabis Arboretum
• Calendar of Events In Valparaiso
• Things To Do In Chesterton
• Things To Do In Michigan City
• Things to do in Portage
• Things to do in Indiana Dunes
COVID-19 RELATED STORIES:
• Places To Drop Off Masks & PPE Donations – One in EVERY CITY!
• Contagion Tips From Johns Hopkins University
• Easy to Sew Masks in 5 Minutes with NO FOLDING
• Working from Home During Covid-19
• Visit These Virtual Museums!
• Indiana Dunes Trails Open During Social Distancing
• Local Restaurants Offering Delivery and Pick UP!
• Senior Shopping Hours & Discounts Due to Coronavirus
• Home Remedies for Cleaning, Personal Hygiene & MORE!
• Local Breweries Help By Making Sanitizer
• Indiana Governor Orders Hoosiers To Stay Home (More links here)
• Friendship Botanic Gardens Remains Open To Members Only
OTHER RECREATION PAGES:
Outdoor Activities in Nwi
Hiking in Northwest Indiana
Maintenance Tips for Your RV
Wolf Lake Pavilion
Hidden Lake Park
Portage Lakefront Riverwalk Park
Lansing Country Club – Golf
Hammond Bird Sanctuary
Edge Adventure Park (Zip Lines)
Whoa Zone Water Park