Our Comprehensive Overview of fine Northwest Indiana. Please note, these are mostly high-end restaurant with positive reviews worth the drive, we did not include fast food places.
• Bistro 54, 54 Main St., Hobart, 947-2817, www.bistro54main.com, open Thur. – Sat. only, full bar, Quaint old house on the waterfront with a fresh farm to fork menu, located on George Lake, outdoor patio,
• Café Borgia, 10018 Calumet Ave., Munster, 922-8889, www.cafeboriga.com fine dining, braised boneless beef rib with polenta, cozy little European café atmosphere, full bar, outdoor patio, casual attire.
• Cafe 306, (Click for our exclusive Article) Carryout, Pick UP, Curbside (Formerly Maria Elenas) Indoor Dining, Outdoor Dining, 306 Lincolnway, Valparaiso, 219-510-0306 firstname.lastname@example.org Website
• Ciao Bella Ristorante, 1514 US-41, Schererville, 322-6800 www.ciaobellaonline.com, 11am–3pm Reservations: www.opentable.com, Italian Restaurant: Intimate trattoria makes Tuscan-style fare & thin-crust pizzas with a side of live music.
• Dish Restaurant, 3907 Calumet Ave, Valparaiso, 465-9221, www.dishrestaurant.net, bone in Ribeye, Filet of beef, Steak Frites, Kobe beef, lamb chops, full menu, outdoor seating.
• Don Quijote Spanish Restaurante, 119 E. Lincolnway, Valparaiso, 462-7976, fine dining, family owned, over 32 years in business, outdoor dining, full menu, See our article here
El Salto Mexican Restaurant & Cantina, 757 Indian Boundary, Chesterton, IN, cocktails, appetizers, full bar, live music, family dining section, In authentic Mexican tradition, the Mendoza family created El Salto to serve communities fresh cuisine in a cultured, festive and inviting atmosphere. (219) 395-9890, Click for Details
• The Emerald Green Restaurant, located on Lost Marsh Golf Course, course, cocktails, also close to Horseshoe Casino. 1001 129th St, Hammond, IN 46320, (219) 228-2526 Click for Details
• Fahrenheit Two Twelve, 10805 Broadway, Crown Point, 663-8160 www.fht212.com, 8am-1:30pm, no reservations- walk in only, $ 10.59 adults, $4.59 Children Relaxed American restaurant & bar serving steak, seafood & entrees.
Fiddlehead American Restaurant, 422 Franklin St., Michigan City, (219) 210-3253 Grass Fed Burgers & Steaks, Vegan & Vegetarian items, Gluten Free options, Fiddlehead uses flavorful – local ingredients to make a meal you won’t forget! Closed Tuesdays.
• Fish Camp Seafood Restaurant, 12 on the Lake, Michigan City, Great place to see the sunset, they have a beautiful lake view overlooking Michigan Harbor. Oyster bar, fresh oysters, cozy dining room, locally sourced meats and Kitchen, 879-9544.
• Fork in the Road curbside and catering 922 West Highway 20 Michigan City. Food trailer offering authentic tacos Birria and cooks choice once per week! Seasonal Tuesday’s 11:30-2:30cst Saturday’s 11:30-2:30cst Cooks choice day typically on Thursdays 1-574-242-1169.
• Galveston Steakhouse, 10 Commerce Sq. Michigan City, 879-5555, New York, Ribeye, Chopped Sirloin, Filet Mignon, Prime Rib, Filet medallions, lamb shanks, bloomin’ onion, full bar, full menu, casual attire, located close to Washington Park and Lighthouse Place Outlet.
• Ivy’s Bohemia House, 321 Broadway, Chesterton, 929-4319 www.ivysBohemiahouse.com 10am-3pm, specials, a la carte ordering. Eclectic menu featuring Mediterranean, Eastern European and Cajun influences. Vegetarian, vegan, keto, and gluten-free options. Beer, Wine, Cocktails. Casual Atmosphere catering offered.
• Lighthouse Restaurant– 7501 Constitution Ave, Cedar Lake, 374-9283 www.cedarlakeLighthouse.com, Menu: places.singleplatform.com, Nautically themed restaurant features steaks, seafood & other American fare plus lakefront views.
• Lighthouse Restaurant – 600 Wabash St., Michigan City, 872-1900, casual dining, featuring breakfast, lunch and dinner, also Greek Specialties, open every day, across from Lighthouse place Shopping Center.
• Main + Lincoln, 210 E. Lincolnway, Valparaiso, 510-5548, www.mainandlincoln.com grilled new York strip, limited menu, rustic atmosphere with large windows and brick walls, hardwood floors, outside seating,
• Martinis Steak & Seafood, 1004 Calumet Ave, Valparaiso, 464-0801, www.martinisinvalpo.com, New York, Rib eye, Filet Mignon, Sirloin, Lamb chops, Family-run venue for chophouse fare & Mediterranean featuring a patio & a laid-back separate lounge. Serving Lunch and Dinner, Drinks. FEATURING: Reservations, Fine Dining Seating at tables and booths, Table service, Wheelchair Accessible, Serves Alcohol, Takeout.
• McGinnis Pub (Click for our Exclusive Article) , 227 W. 7th St. Michigan City, Craft Beer, Cocktails, Appetizers, Full Course Meals, conveniently located Across From Outlet Place Mall, 219-872-8200.
Oberpfalz Brewing, 121 E Main St., Griffith, (219)513-9341. New Oberpfalz operates a 60-seat Tap Room with a full menu at its location in Griffith, where outdoor patio seating and family seating are offered. Open since January of 2015, this is the first national brewing award the brewery has received, and the first brewing competition New Oberpfalz has entered.
• Pikk’s Tavern, 62 W. Lincolnway, Valparaiso, 476-7455, www.pikkstavern.com, full bar, Rib eye, Filet, New York, open faced steak sandwich, porterhouse, open 7 days, rustic atmosphere with brick walls and hard wood floors.
• Portofino Grill, 3233 N State Rd. 39, La Porte, 325-8541, Prime Rib, New York, Ribeye, Filet Mignon, Steak Diane, Lobster, located on Briar Leaf golf course, full menu, outdoor seating, casual attire, family owned and operated, closed Sundays,
• Prime Steakhouse, 109 W. Joilet St., Crown Point, 663-7377, www.primeSteakHouseCP.com, Filet Mignon, Rib eye, Chopped Sirloin, New York, Bone in Ribeye, Lobster, full menu, open everyday, casual attire, full bar, intimate and romantic upscale ambience,
• Theo’s Steaks and Seafood, 9144 Indianapolis Blvd. Highland, 838-8000, www.theoshighland.com, bone in Rib eye, Porterhouse, Filet Mignon, New York, Theo’s Special Filet, rack of lamb, open everyday, casual attire, full bar, outdoor patio,
• T-Bones Pier Eleven,1110 Lakeside St. La Porte, 324-4192, www.pleastshore.com, T-Bone, New York, Filet Mignon, Filet Medallions, rack of lamb, Flat iron, open every day, full menu, located on Pine Lake, wood burning grill, full bar, kitchen open late.
Shoreline Brewery, 208 Wabash Street, Michigan City, (219) 879-4677, The brewery’s bar chow is also some of the best in the city, with Shoreline Poutine and Scotch Eggs as two of the crowd favorites. If you’re going for a meal, their entrees do not disappoint. Their gumbo, burgers and baby back ribs are perfectly paired with a cold glass of beer. Located in the upper end close to Lake Michigan, Lubeznik Arts Center, Washington Zoo, and Lighthouse Place Outlet Center.
Third Coast Spice Café, 761 Indian Boundary Rd., Ste. 6, Chesterton, 926-5858, www.thirdcoastspice.com, open 6am – 3pm, featuring Indiana Cage Free Eggs, Vegans, Vegetarians, Meat Lovers, Tree Huggers, allergic, Gluten sensitive people.
Trail Stop offers outdoor dining, 1000 Riverwalk Dr., Portage Located in the national park at Portage Lakefront & Riverwalk. Memorial Day thru Labor Day we will be open 6 days a week. Great place to see the sunset, they have a beautiful lake view. 219-716-2225.
• True BBQ & Whiskey Bar , 8940 Calumet Ave, Munster, 836.2122, 11am-3pm, Reservations, www.truebbqandwhiskey.com Cajun Rib eye, Porterhouse, smoked Beef Brisket, homemade rubs, sauces, vegan & Gluten Free selections, and specialty desserts. Large Tables & Leather banquettes, fireplaces, banquet space & patio.
If you would like to add your outdoor dining restaurant added to this list, please message your business name, brief description, address, to email@example.com
Read Our Several Other Dining Articles By Clicking HERE Not a Steak Lover but A Wine Lover? Read our several Wine Articles by Click here!
More Tourism Related Stories:
Local Indoor Fun Facilities
Local Amusement Parks
East Chicago Marina
Hidden Lake Park, Merrillville
Albanese Candy Factory – Hobart/Merrillville
Tips For Keeping Your Family Safe on Vacation
Visit The Indiana Dunes
Mascot Hall of Fame – Whiting
Lake Michigan Beaches
Friendship Botanic Gardens – Michigan City
Blueberry Picking In Northwest Indiana
Visit A Farmers Market – with Artisan Foods and Hand-Made Art
Visit Mount Baldy – Indiana Dunes
Washington Park Zoo – Michigan City
Buckley Homestead – Lowell
Hesston Steam Museum – LaPorte
If You Are Visiting The Region you might be interested in our Sunday Brunch,
Local Farmer’s Markets,
July 4th Weekend,
Memorial Day Weekend,
Labor day Weekend,
local Steakhouses, and