Governor Holcomb issued an executive order on March 30, 2020 with directives allowing flexibility for hospitals and health care professionals responding to the public health emergency declared by Governor Holcomb on March 2, 2020. As a result, the Indiana Department of insurance is directed to request health insurers to provide coverage for expanded telemedicine services.
Part of the Federal $2.2 trillion Coronavirus relief package approved in March, granted funds for the purchase of telecommunications devices, services and related medical equipment used for patient care by nonprofit hospitals, teaching hospitals and medical schools, community health and mental health centers, local health departments, rural health clinics and skilled nursing facilities.
In addition, Relaxed rules governing telehealth from the federal government have made it easier to shift appointments to a virtual platform and enroll providers to handle telehealth encounters.
In Lake County, there are already several facilities offering these “Virtual Visit” services. They include
4022 Hohman Ave :Dental On-site”
Mon | Wed: 8:30 am to 7:30 am
Tue | Thur | Fri: 8:30 am to 5:30 pm
Sat: 8:30am – 12:30 pm
Regional Health Clinic (769-4005)
559 State Street
Mon | Wed | Thurs: 8:30 am to 6:30 pm
Tue | Fri: 8:30 am to 12:30pm
Purdue Northwest Campus
2250 173rd St.
Mon | Fri: 8am – 4pm
Tue | Thur 9am – 5pm
Wed: 11am – 7pm
Methodist Hospital South Campus
Regional Health Clinics (769-4005)
8555 Taft Street
Mon | Tues | Thurs: 8:30 am to 4:30 pm
Wed: 8:30 am to 6:30 pm
Fri: 8:30 am to 3:30 pm
Virtual Visits Offered from several locations
Northshore Health Centers:
To schedule a Telehealth appointment,
call NorthShore Health Centers at 219-763-8112.
Partial Source: Frank Mrvan North Township Trustee’s Office
COVID-19 RELATED STORIES:
• Indiana Governor Opens the State
• NwIndiana Covid-19 Test Sites
• Indiana To Offer 50 Free Test Sites
• Places To Drop Off Masks & PPE Donations – One in EVERY CITY!
• Easy to Sew Masks in 5 Minutes with NO FOLDING
• Working from Home During Covid-19
• Visit These Virtual Museums!
• Local Restaurants Offering Delivery and Pick UP!
• Senior Shopping Hours & Discounts Due to Coronavirus
• Home Remedies for Cleaning, Personal Hygiene & MORE!
• Indiana Dunes Open w/Social Distancing
• Methodist Hospitals Offers Telehealth
• Covid-19 Cancellations, Postponements & Reschedules
Valparaiso Lab Offers Testing to ANYONE