Patients can now virtually visit physician offices or immediate care centers at Methodist Hospitals.
The health care system with hospitals in Gary and Merrillville is offering telehealth services, where people can get treated at home for a wide range of conditions like athlete’s food, insect bites, colds, flu, cold sores, rashes, sore throat, pharyngitis, minor sunburn, sinus infection, pink eye and upper respiratory infection.
Patients can schedule video appointments through HIPAA-compliant video-conference tooling with Methodist Physician Group offices and at the Methodist CareFirst Immediate Care Centers.
“We wanted to be sure that residents of our communities have access to the health care they need during this period when Indiana residents have been asked to stay at home,” said Matt Doyle, Methodist Hospitals Acting CEO. “We are always looking for new and better ways to serve our communities, and we believe that video appointments will benefit patients long after the COVID-19 crisis has passed.”
Virtual house calls have been taking off across Northwest Indiana during the coronavirus pandemic. Porter Physician Group in Porter County and Urologic Specialists of Northwest Indiana also are offering telehealth appointments so patients can see doctors while staying safely at home.
Methodist cautions it’s not suitable for all situations but said it works for chronic disease management, follow-up visits, and a range of minor illnesses and injuries. Doctors also can virtually screen people with possible COVID-19 symptoms for testing without potentially exposing others to the deadly disease that’s infected more than 2.5 million people globally.
To schedule your TeleHealth visit with a CareFirst provider please click here.
COVID-19 RELATED STORIES:
Indiana Opens Up with Stage 3
• Indiana Governor Opens the State
• NwIndiana Covid-19 Test Sites
• Indiana To Offer 50 Free Test Sites
• Lack of Social Distancing Closes Porter Beach
Locally Made Portable Sinks Help Fight Coronavirus
• Wicker Park Golf Opens May 13th
• Places To Drop Off Masks & PPE Donations – One in EVERY CITY!
• Easy to Sew Masks in 5 Minutes with NO FOLDING
• Working from Home During Covid-19
• Visit These Virtual Museums!
• Local Restaurants Offering Delivery and Pick UP!
• Senior Shopping Hours & Discounts Due to Coronavirus
• Home Remedies for Cleaning, Personal Hygiene & MORE!
• Indiana Dunes Open w/Social Distancing
• Friendship Botanic Gardens Opens
• Methodist Hospitals Offers Telehealth
• Covid-19 Cancellations, Postponements & Reschedules