There are lots of events and activities in Northwest Indiana for Memorial Weekend that are fun for the whole family with lots of free things to do. While here in Northwest Indiana you’ll also find lots of amusement parks and Family Friendly Fun centers with arcades, indoor play, laser tag, miniature golf, bowling, batting cages, splash pads, and waterparks!
Here’s a link that shows you ALL MEMORIAL WEEKEND Events!
Below are just a few Memorial Weekend Highlights:
* Start Your Engines, with Lucky You Speed Dating, Networking and Marketing Event, Friday, May 27th, 6-9:30pm, Inmans Recreation Center,Click here For more
* Wolf Lake Wetlands Festival and Bike Tour – 17 miles : The Wetlands Wind & Water Festival begins at 9:00 a.m. Saturday, May 28th 2022 .. Click here for more
* Memorial Day Parade, Crown Point, Monday, May 30, 2022
The Annual Crown Point Memorial Day Parade route begins at 10:30 am the municipal parking lot across from Wheeler Middle School, 555 S. Indiana Ave., Crown Point, 661-2271. A ceremony will follow at Maplewood Cemetery, (219) 663-3688.
* Memorial Day Ceremony, Portage, Monday, May 30, 2022- American Legion Post 260. Questions? Contact American Legion Post 260 Ceremonial Officer, 762-3541 or Rob Rodriguez- 364-6413 or email email@example.com
* Gary Southshore Railcats Games: Memorial Weekend May 30th, 2022 at 4pm – Meet the New 2022 Railcats Baseball Team – See Every Player, Their Position, And Where They Played Before. See NEW Coach, and ALL the Players and Their Position and Where They are from on this Youtube Video
* Hesston Steam Museum, LaPorte Indiana, Opening May 28th 2022! – Opening weekend, climb aboard all 3 of their steam powered railroads for a scenic ride through our woods. Historic steam locomotives will take you back to a bygone era. Also in operation will be the steam saw mill and electric light plant. Lots of big machines working hard to entertain and enlighten your family. click here for more
* Memorial Day Service at Stoney Run County Park – Remember and honor those who gave so much for our freedoms at the annual Memorial Day Service on Monday, at 2:30 p.m. 2022. The program, conducted at the Vietnam Veterans Memorial in Stoney Run County Park, is presented by the Vietnam Veterans Memorial Committee and hosted by the Lake County Parks. From families to scout & school groups, all are invited to join the many veterans and supporters who participate. Click here
* Michigan City Food Truck Festival SATURDAY AND SUNDAY May 28th and 29th, 2022 A 2-day festival in Fedder’s Alley, celebrating culture and food. Hosted by Michigan City Parks and Recreation. Visit Families can visit Washington Park zoo, and spend time on the Lake Michigan beach as well. For more info call 219.873.1506. Enjoy games and tasting food from food trucks. For tickets. General admission is free to all participants. This includes access up to 20 Gourmet Food Trucks, live music, outdoor games and more at regular stand prices. Food is bought separately, with cash, from each food truck click here for more
* Cobe Cup Car Cruise for Drivers and Spectators: The excitement returns to Northwest Indiana thanks to the Regional Streeters Car Club. The historical Cobe Cup Car Cruise will be held in 2018 on Saturday May 28th, 2022 The course mocks the original historical race – going thru Crown Point, Lowell and Cedar Lake begins at the Lake county Fairgrounds in Lake County, Indiana. Click here for more
* Community Concert at Opera House, Monday, May 31st, 2021 – REGISTRATION REQUIRED. 13th Annual City of Valparaiso Memorial Day Concert. The concert will be performed by the Valparaiso Community/University Concert Band and will last less than one hour. The performance will feature patriotic band music, audience sing-a-longs and historical narratives. Admission is free, but audience members are asked to bring non-perishable food items which will be donated to the Christian Food Pantry in Valparaiso. Click here for more
8. Swale Music Festival – Saturday, Cancelled click here for more.
ENTER TO WIN FREE RAILCATS
OR OILMEN BASEBALL TICKETS:
PanoramaNOW is giving away Free Railcats Tickets or Oilmen Baseball Tickets! All you have to do is CLICK HERE, and Email us with the Name of A place listed on the Page and tell us what you like about that place. Tickets are awarded on a first come first serve basis, so enter in the contest now before the tickets run out! Be sure to say “Free Baseball Tickets” in the subject line.
Northwest Indiana is home to many Family Fun Amusement Parks and Family Entertainment Centers with lots of things to do with kids that make the perfect getaway for the weekend! Most of these venues have indoor arcades. You’ll want to visit Deep River Waterpark in the middle of Northwest Indiana, Inman’s Recreation Center in Valparaiso, Zao Island Amusement Center in Valparaiso, Sky Zone Indoor Trampoline Fun Park (Schererville); Jaks Warehouse (Indoor Theme Park – Highland); Washington Park Zoo (Michigan City); Barker Mansion Museum (Michigan City) and the Indiana Dunes Lakeshore Parks! Just to name a few! Every City has a Splash Pad or Public Pool too!
FUN FILLED BOUNCE HOUSES:
If your kids like bounce house, you’ll find Five FunFlatealbes locations throughout Northwest Indiana that provide unique, year-round, soft inflatable playgrounds where the whole family can have continuous FUN Jumping, Bouncing, Climbing, Snaking. Click here for MORE!
Zao Island, Inmans’ Recreation Center, Jaks Warehouse, Sky Zone, and Crown Point Fun Center, and Zig E’s Funland. All of these centers have arcade games, family games, fun food, and more. Click Here For MORE!
Wolf Lake Aquatic Play Center, Wicker Park Memorial Splash Pad, Oasis Splash Pad, Central Park Plaza Splash Pad, Heron Lake Splash Pad, Hub Municipal Pool, Founders Square Splash Pad, Splash Pad at JeorsePark, just to name a few. CLICK HERE FOR HOURS, COSTS, LOCATIONS AND CONTACT INFO!
Local Indoor Fun Facilities
Local Amusement Parks
East Chicago Marina
Hidden Lake Park, Merrillville
Albanese Candy Factory – Hobart/Merrillville
Tips For Keeping Your Family Safe on Vacation
Visit The Indiana Dunes
Mascot Hall of Fame – Whiting
Lake Michigan Beaches
Friendship Botanic Gardens – Michigan City
Blueberry Picking In Northwest Indiana
Visit A Farmers Market – with Artisan Foods and Hand-Made Art
Visit Mount Baldy – Indiana Dunes
Washington Park Zoo – Michigan City
Buckley Homestead – Lowell
Hesston Steam Museum – LaPorte
OTHER TOPICS YOU MIGHT BE INTERESTED IN:
|Local Amusement Parks||Area Birding Articles|
|Parks And Recreation||Nature Lovers|
|Tourism Information||Wine Lovers Tips||Health And Wellness|