The State has implemented a color-coded system to inform Hoosiers about the COVID-19 Status in each county – Red, Orange, Yellow and Blue. Lake County Became Code Red on November 18th.
Once a Code is declared the county cannot be changed for two weeks and can only be changed if the county’s score meets the coded requirements.
Scores are based on positivity rates, cases per 100,000; positivity rate increase or decrease, if increases are connected to a living settings or the community at large.
High Risk Hoosiers and Individuals should adhere to all previous social distancing, quarantines, and face coverings requirements apply.
Code Red: Total of 25 individuals Present; SCORE: 3.0
Code Orange: Total of 50 Individuals Present; SCORE: 2.0 or 2.5
Code Yellow: Total of 100 Individuals Present; SCORE: 1.0 or 1.5
Code Blue: Total of 250 Individuals Present; SCORE: 0.5
School officials should review all extra-curricular activities and assemblies to ensure best mitigation practices are followed.
Bars, Taverns, Nightclubs, and Restaurants. Local officials should consider limiting hours of operations.
Businesss: Reduce the number of employees allowed to congregate in common areas and break rooms with social distancing.
Restaurants: Encouraged to promote online ordering with curbside pick-up.
Sports: Attendance is limited to participants, support personnel and parents/guardians/siblings.All non participants required to wear face coverings.
Recreational Sports, (same as above)
Senior Care Centers: Cancelled
It is recommended that social gatherings (indoors or Outdoors) be cancelled or postponed relative to the County’s Code. If a social gathering cannot be cancelled, the host must ensure social distancing requirements, face coverings, and other sanitation measures are implemented at the site. For any social gathering over the total number for that County, a safety plan must be submitted to the Local Health Department and receive APPROVAL from them BEFORE proceeding.
Cases As Of November 19th, 2020
Here’s the new COVID-19 Data results for Lake County Indiana IN ORDER OF INCREASE. We stopped taking the time to calculate the results back in August. However, with the recent resurgence in cases, it seems we’re back with more concerns about COVID-19.
Some of the Lake County cities that were spared in the beginning are now surging and the cities that surged in the beginning are now slowing. It seems this virus has no borders or no submission. The last time we published these results was August 21, 2020, and now it’s November 18th, 2020, approximately 3 months later.
Aug 21: Increase: Nov. 19: Increase:
Hammond: 2073 – Up 422 in a Mo. 4,189 – Up 2,116 in 3 mo.
Gary: 1437– Up 222 in a Mo. 3,101 – Up 1,573 in 3 mo.
Hobart: 597 – Up 113 in a Mo. 1808 – Up 1,211 in 3 mo.
Schererville: 439 – Up 115 in a Mo. 1,362 – Up 923 in 3 mo.
Crown Point: 1117 – Up 320 in a Mo. 1,960 – Up 843 in 3 mo.
Lowell: 130 – Up 81 in a Mo. 491 – Up 361 in 3 mo.
St. John: 180 – Up 68 in a Mo. 495 – Up 315 in 3 mo.
Highland: 391 – Up 99 in a Mo. 664 – Up 273 in 3 mo.
Munster: 440 – Up 118 in a Mo. 691– Up 251 in 3 mo.
Dyer: 538 – Up 110 in a Mo. 752 – Up 214 in 3 mo.
Griffith: 262 – Up 53 in a Mo. 474 – Up 212 in 3 mo.
Lake Station: 131 – Up 40 in a Mo. 265 – Up 134 in 3 mo.
Merrillville: 831 – Up 186 in a Mo. 965 – Up 134 in 3 mo.
Hebron: 75 – Up 10 in a Mo. 206 – Up 131 in 3 mo
Demotte: 200 – Up 43 in a Mo 307 – Up 107 in 3 mo.
East Chicago: 903 – Up 174 in a Mo. 821 – Up 82 in 3 mo.
Whiting/Robertsdale:263–Up64 in a Mo 279 – Up 16 in 3 mo.
Cedar Lake: 175 – Up 27 in a Mo. 185 – Up 10 in 3 mo.
Unknown: 78 – Not available – Not available.
(Please note: this is not the number of Current Cases, but the number of total cases since March 1st) Based Upon the State of Indiana Website source: hub.mph.in.gov
There are more links on this page regarding:
• Cloth Face Coverings (a CDC Link) –
• Lake County Testing
• Directive to Stay Home
• Essential Businesses (a In.gov Link)
• Lake County Unemployment Benefits
• Lake County Childcare Assistance:
• Lake County Assistance Programs:
• Lake County Schools
• Useful Information for Families
• Lake County Community
COVID-19 RELATED STORIES:
• LaPorte County Covid-19 Is Code Orange
• Porter County Calls a “Code Red” Covid-19
• Ways to Give Back to Your Community During Covid-19
• Ways to Treat Cabin Fever During Pandemic
• How to Care for an Aging Parent During COVID-19
• More NwIndiana Test Sites Announced
• Valparaiso, Porter County, State of Indiana Require Masks
• East Chicago Walgreens has FREE Testing for Anyone
• NwIndiana Covid-19 Test Sites
• Indiana To Offer 50 Free Test Sites
• Locally Made Portable Sinks Help Fight Coronavirus
• Places To Drop Off Masks & PPE Donations – One in EVERY CITY!
• Working from Home During Covid-19
• Visit These Virtual Museums!
• At Home Activities for Adults During
• Local Restaurants Offering Delivery and Pick UP!
• Three Essential Jobs You Haven’t Thought of
• Senior Shopping Hours & Discounts Due to Coronavirus
• Can’t find it at the Store? Here’s Many Home Remedies for Cleaning, Personal Hygiene & MORE!