Effective on Monday, August 3rd, the Indiana State Department of Health Optum Testing site moved to 3564 Scottsdale Street In Portage. (The former home of North Shore Health Clinic). The last day of testing at the National Guard Armory in Valparaiso was Friday, July 31st.
OptumServe Health Services has provided 20 COVID-19 sites across the state with large-scale testing for Hoosiers since April 28th. 20 testing sites will open in Indiana National Guard armories including the National Guard Armory in Valparaiso, Indiana.
“Launching this partnership with Optum further expands Indiana’s COVID-19 testing capacity,” said Gov. Holcomb. “These free tests will be available in locations across the state, ensuring even more Hoosiers who have symptoms or an affected family member can get tested for coronavirus.”
Testing is appointment only. To sign up for an appointment, Hoosiers will register through the Optum portal that was launched and includes a self-report symptoms using an online screening tool.
Results are provided to the patient via a phone call if the test is positive or via an email or text if the test is negative.
Hoosiers will not be charged for testing and insurance is not required. If you have private health insurance, please bring that information with you.
“We have been working diligently to increase access to testing throughout Indiana with drive-thru clinics and strike teams,” said Dr. Box. “By joining forces with Optum, we will ensure that testing for COVID-19 is available to Hoosiers who need it most.”
To Register for testing patients should register online at:
COVID-19 RELATED STORIES:
Indiana Opens Up with Stage 4.5
• Indiana Governor Opens the State
• NwIndiana Covid-19 Test Sites
• Indiana To Offer 50 Free Test Sites
• Lack of Social Distancing Closes Porter Beach
Michigan City Closes Beaches
• Locally Made Portable Sinks Help Fight Coronavirus
• Wicker Park Golf Opens May 13th
• Places To Drop Off Masks & PPE Donations – One in EVERY CITY!
• Easy to Sew Masks in 5 Minutes with NO FOLDING
• Working from Home During Covid-19
• Visit These Virtual Museums!
• Local Restaurants Offering Delivery and Pick UP!
• Senior Shopping Hours & Discounts Due to Coronavirus
• Home Remedies for Cleaning, Personal Hygiene & MORE!
• Indiana Dunes Open w/Social Distancing
• Friendship Botanic Gardens Opens
• Methodist Hospitals Offers Telehealth
• Covid-19 Cancellations, Postponements & Reschedules
Valparaiso Lab Offers Testing to Anyone