So, you’ve got a need for speed? Or perhaps you simply want to give your vehicle’s lackluster engine a bit of extra oomph? In either case, we have the solutions you’re looking for to strengthen your engine’s performance. For information on how to increase the horsepower of a vehicle, continue reading.
Install a Turbocharger
Turbocharger systems can substantially increase the engine power of your vehicle. Essentially, a turbocharger is a forced induction system driven by a turbine that can fit into a vehicle’s engine. Once installed, the hot exhaust gases from the engine spin the turbine which then compresses the air before forcing it into the combustion chamber. This burst of compressed air boosts the engine’s power since the oxygen molecules are packed more closely together and can facilitate the addition of more fuel to an engine.
Utilize a High-Flow Air Filter
One of the least expensive ways to increase the horsepower of your vehicle is to utilize a high-flow air filter. Following the same concept as the other two methods, a high-flow air filter increases the amount of air that enters the engine. By allowing the engine to breathe more easily, this system provides a slight increase in a vehicle’s horsepower.
Implement a Cold Air Intake System
Another tip on how to increase the horsepower of a vehicle is to implement a cold air intake. Cold air intake systems operate under the principle that colder air has a greater density. Essentially, such systems draw air into the car from outside of the vehicle and cool the air and increase the surface area of the space where air runs through the engine.
By increasing the amount of oxygen per volume that goes into the car’s engine and implementing a free-flowing air filter, cold air intake systems allow a greater amount of air molecules to mix with the fuel which will ultimately increase the horsepower of the vehicle.
Purchase a High-Performance Exhaust System
Installing a high-performance exhaust system can also increase the horsepower of a car. Such exhaust systems have larger piping that allows the vehicle to expel exhaust more quickly. In doing so, the vehicle can then inhale fresh oxygen at a faster rate, which will ultimately improve its horsepower.
Related Articles . . .
You don’t need to be an experienced mechanic to restore classic cars. Though technical expertise does help the process, it’s not a prerequisite for starting your restoration hobby. If you’re new to the scene, it doesn’t hurt to learn a few things as you spend your first hours with a vintage hot rod. Discover these essential classic car restoration skills for beginners and put them into practice with your vehicle. Continue Reading . .
Explore how to protect your car’s paint from street debris. Shield your investment from minor scratches and nicks that could decrease its value.
Cars are a big enough investment already; you shouldn’t have to break the bank trying to maintain it. Here are some inexpensive ways to improve your vehicle.
A seat cover material can be difficult to choose if you don’t know the best kinds. These two material options are especially popular for protecting seats.
Though the summer brings ideal driving conditions, it also poses its own challenges. Here are some tips for protecting your car against bad weather.
Driving a car doesn’t come naturally; it’s something that you need to practice to get a firm grip on the wheel. But beyond the ability to drive, you need to hone your attitude and mentality while out on the road to ensure that you give yourself and other drivers the best chance possible to avoid…
Being able to service your own car is a great skill, but there are some vehicle problems you shouldn’t try to fix yourself. Leave them to the mechanics instead.
These effective ways to prevent your transmission from overheating will help you avoid one of the leading causes of transmission damage and failure.
If you’re looking for a way to give your car a bit more oomph, try implementing these effective tips on how to increase the horsepower of a vehicle.
MORE Related Car Stories:
• 3 Must-Know Tips for Restoring a Classic Car
• Make Your Car Feel Brand New Again
• Ways You Are Hurting Your Car’s Longevity
• Mistakes People Make When Buying a Car
• Factors that Effect Your Used Car Value
• Common Causes of Tire Blowouts
• What to Know Before Buying a Used Car
• Ways to Prepare Your Car For Spring
• Why Jeep Wrangler is A Smart Buy
• Why Manual Transmissions Are A Good Choice
• Worst Thing You Can Do To Your Tires
• End-of-Summer Car Maintenance Checklist
• Three Bad Driving Habits that can Cost you Money
• Car Repairs you Should Not Do Yourself
• Modern Trends in the Car industry
• How to Prepare Your Car For Winter
• Ways that Cold Weather Impacts Your Vehicle
• Winter Driving Tips in Bad Weather
• How to Increase Horse Power With A Turbo-Charger
Car Safety Tips:
• How to Avoid Intersection Accidents
• Vacation Safety Tips
• How to Not Get Lost on a Road Trip
• Safe Driving Tips For the Big City
• Most Common Road Hazards Threatening Your Car
• How To Stay More Visible on the Road
• Dangers of Going Off-Roading in the Rain
Local Car Show Articles:
• Southlake Auto Cruise Night (Monthly)
• Folds Of Honor Car Show – Valpo
• LaPorte’s Annual Old Car Show
• Festival of the Lakes Car Show
• Valpo Car Show & Swap Meet – May 23, 2021
• Mill Pond Fest Car Show
• Downtown Highland Annual Car Cruise
• Cobe Cup Returns To Northwest Indiana
For more area Car Shows Click here!