Say goodbye to your old home, and hello to a new one! Before you can officially say that, do you have a moving day plan in place the make the process smoother? If not, you’re in luck because we have some tips to help you learn how to have a smooth move out day.
Make a To-Do List
Throughout the day, you will have things that might come up as a surprise or may even cause tasks to get delayed. Whatever the case may be, strategize and figure out a list of things that you need to do the night of, the day before, the day of, and the days after your move. This list will help you get through every task much faster.
Bring Snacks and Drinks
No matter what time of year it is, one or more members of your team is going to need a break to eat, rest, or have some water. If you show up unprepared on an empty stomach, you will regret it. You may get distracted by things and forget to eat or drink. It’s a good idea to pack a cooler of water bottles and snacks to keep everyone, including yourself, going.
Call a Sitter
Having kids and animals underfoot on moving day can be stressful and may cause more distractions than you care to deal with. If you can, get a babysitter to watch your children for the day, and board your pets to ensure they don’t get harmed or go missing during your move. If there is a family member or friend who can watch them, designate a pickup and drop-off time.
Do Basic Chores
Before you leave, it’s good to do a few basic cleaning tasks such as sweeping and dusting. It’s not a good idea to do dishes again if you plan on eating at some point during the day. Try and bring a broom and mop with you to clean any dirt or mud off the floors from muddy shoes.
One Final Walkthrough
There’s a good chance you may leave something valuable behind by accident. Unfortunately, it can be challenging to get that item back, which is why it is a good idea to do one final walkthrough before heading out. If you have movers helping you, it’s courteous to do one last look-through to see if they may have forgotten a box. This step is the most important when learning how to have a smooth move out day.
Planning ahead for your move out day is essential, as is creating a list and making sure you pack the essentials the night before. Make one final sweep of the place you are leaving and the moving van you ensure you didn’t miss anything.
Read More Home Improvement Tips, Click here.
Common Causes of AC Refrigerant Leaks
• Stunning Home Exterior Remodeling Ideas
• Reasons Why your Asphalt Driveway is Cracking
• Top Reasons Why your House is Always Cold
• Where to Insulate Your Home
• Tips for Remodeling Your Garage
• Common Causes of Residential Flooding
• Save with Senior Home Modifications
• Household Problems You Should NEVER Fix Yourself
• Causes of Leaky Basements
HOME Ownership Tips:
How To Prevent Clogged Drains
• What to Consider When Building Your New Home
• Things to Do Before Selling Your Home
• Tips Every NEW Homeowner Should Know
• Home Maintenance Skills Everyone Should Know
• How to Get Your Home Ready For Winter
• 5 Big Home Maintenance Tasks You Should Do In the Spring
• Popular Types of Insulation Materials for Your Home
• How to Have a Smooth Move Out Day
Related Home Interior Stories:
• American Hardwoods Available for Doors & Floors
• Two Refreshing Ideas for Your Bedroom
• Convert Your Basement to a Rec Room
• Increase Storage Space in Your Home
• Small Ways to Make Your Bedroom More Cozy
• Easy Low Budget Home Decor Ideas
• How to Make Your New Home Feel Like Home
• Get a Head Start On Spring Cleaning
• Coolest Basement Ideas of All Time
• Affordable Home Improvement Ideas
• Common Aquarium Mistakes
• The Basics of Contemporary Interior Design
• Best Paint Colors for the Bathroom
• Simple DIY Projects to Improve the Value of Your Home
• Ways to De-Clutter & Decorate with Softness
• Ways To Add Personality to a Boring Room
• Different Types of Tiling For Your Home
• Tips For Your Home Theater
• Best Interior Renovations for Increasing Home Value
• Ways to Make Your Home Look Cleaner
• Creative Ways To Decorate Your Hallway
• Tips for Creating a Stress-Free Space
• Coolest Basement Ideas of All Time