Spend your Fall Weekends with the family for a weekend getaway in Northwest Indiana. We guarantee there’s a Festival EVERY WEEKEND WITH TONS OF FAMILY FUN! From Car Shows,Food Truck Festivals to concerts and parades, these events will have you enjoying your summer weekend ! Let us not forget tons of Fireworks, Art and Craft Fairs AND CRAFT BEER !
Folks might also like the live Concerts and full fledged Festivals honoring our Nation’s Birthday on July 4th or our Nation’s Workers on Labor Day that have four full days held in Lowell Indiana, Hesston Steam Museum, and Michigan City Indiana. We even have lots of HISTORICAL EVENTS TOO!
Discover Northwest Indiana’s Fun Things To DO Including Indoor Fun, Lake Michigan Beaches, Biking, Local Splash Pads, Miniature Golf, Local Festivals, Parks and Recreation and Indiana Dunes.
**** * If You Are Visiting Northwest Indiana you might be interested in our Sunday Brunch, Local Farmer’s Markets,Summer Festivals, Fall Festivals, July 4th Weekend, Memorial Day Weekend, Labor day Weekend, local Steakhouses, and local Dining.
SECOND WEEKEND IN SEPTEMBER:
• Garwood Apple Fest, Sept. 11th – 12th, 2021 CLICK HERE
• Monarch Music Fest, Sept. 11th, 2021 CLICK HERE
• Ike Fest. Sept 11th & 12th, 2021 CLICK HERE
• Nappanee Apple Festival, Sept. 16th – 19th, 2021
• Indiana Dunes Outdoor Adventure Festival – Sept. 10th – 12th, 2021, Click here
• Valparaiso Popcorn Festival, Sept. 11th, 2021, Click here
THIRD WEEKEND IN SEPTEMBER:
• Fest in the First, Sept. 18th, 2021 Noon – 8pm (Just Updated!) CLICK HERE
• Sunflower Fair, Sept. 18th, 2021 CLICK HERE
• Hooked on Art Festival, Sept. 18th, 2021 CLICK HERE
• Art Blitz, Sept. 18th, 2021 CLICK HERE
• Indiana Dunes Apple Fest, Sept. 18th, 2021 CLICK HERE
• World Cultural Fest, Sept. 18th, 2021 CLICK HERE
• Portage Best Booze & Food Fest, Sept. 18th, 2021 CLICK HERE
Last WEEKEND IN SEPTEMBER:
• Pioneer Days, Sept 25th & 26th, 2021 Laporte Indiana Click here.
• Griffith Fall Harvest Craft Festival, Sept 25th, 2021 click here.
• Fall Harvest Festival & Antique Equipment, Sept 24th & 26th, 2021 Valparaiso Indiana Click here.
• Dyer Fall Festival, September 25th, 2021 CLICK HERE
• Scarecrow Fest, Wanatah, Indiana, Sept 24 – 25, 2021 CLICK HERE
• Valpo BrewFest, Sept 25th, 2021, USUALLY SOLD OUT Valparaiso, not open to the public
• St. John Oktoberfest, September 24th – 26th, 2021 click here
FIRST WEEKEND IN OCTOBER:
• Westville Pumpkin Festival, Oct 2nd, 2021 click here.
• Barktoberfest, Sat. Oct. 2nd, 2021 Lowell, Indiana Click Here.
• Griffith Oktoberfest – October 1-3rd, 2021 Click here
• Pumpkins, Witches and Hayrides, Oct. 2nd 2021, Munster,
• Oktoberfest: Crown Point, Oct. 2nd 2021 click here.
• Portage Harvest Festival, Oct. 2nd, 2021, Click here.
• Pints in the Park, Porter’s Perfect Pint – October 2 2021, Porter Click Here.
• Compassion Marketplace, Online Auction only, Sept. 25th – 28, 2020 Cedar Lake, Cancelled click here.
• WRF Annual Fall Festival, Cancelled. Click HERE
• Festival of the Trails, Highland, Cancelled Click here.
SECOND WEEKEND IN OCTOBER:
• Buckley Homestead Fall Festival – October 9th & 10, 2021 Lowell Click here
Read Our Full Article by Robin Black here.
• Elvis Fantasy Fest, Portage, Indiana, Oct. 8th – 10th, 2021 Click Here.
• Wickedly Whiting, Sat. Oct. 8th and 9th, 2021 Whiting Indiana, Click here.
• Rockville Covered Bridge Festival, Oct. 8 – 17, 2021.
• Hebron Elementary Arts & Crafts Fair, Cancelled, Hebron, Click here
THIRD WEEKEND IN OCTOBER:
• Valpo Fall Harvest Fest, Trick or Treat Downtown, Valparaiso Indiana, Friday, October 15th and Saturday, October 16, 2021 Click here .
• Munster Ale Fest, Sat. Cancelled, Munster, Indiana.
Northwest Indiana is home to many Family Fun Amusement Parks and Family Entertainment Centers with lots of things to do with kids that make the perfect getaway for the weekend! Most of these venues have indoor arcades. You’ll want to visit Deep River Waterpark in the middle of Northwest Indiana, Inman’s Recreation Center in Valparaiso, Zao Island Amusement Center in Valparaiso, Sky Zone Indoor Trampoline Fun Park (Schererville); Jaks Warehouse (Indoor Theme Park – Highland); Washington Park Zoo (Michigan City); Barker Mansion Museum (Michigan City) and the Indiana Dunes Lakeshore Parks!
FUN FILLED BOUNCE HOUSES:
If your kids like bounce house, you’ll find Five FunFlatealbes locations throughout Northwest Indiana that provide unique, year-round, soft inflatable playgrounds where the whole family can have continuous FUN Jumping, Bouncing, Climbing, Snaking.
Zao Island, Inman’s Recreation Center, Jaks Warehouse, Sky Zone, and Crown Point Fun Center, and Zig E’s Funland. All of these centers have arcade games, family games, fun food, and more. Click here for more!
Find Out More info On the Following Places:
Lake County: Gary Indiana, Hammond Indiana,East Chicago, Schererville Indiana,Dyer Indiana, Merrillville Indiana,Crown Point Indiana,Whiting Indiana, Highland Indiana, Hebron Indiana and Griffith Indiana.
In Porter County we cover Valparaiso Indiana, Chesterton Indiana, Portage Indiana and Kouts Indiana.
In La Porte County we cover Michigan City Indiana, La Porte Indiana, Westville Indiana and Wanatah Indiana andIndiana Dunes
Local Indoor Fun Facilities
Local Amusement Parks
East Chicago Marina
Hidden Lake Park, Merrillville
Albanese Candy Factory – Hobart/Merrillville
Tips For Keeping Your Family Safe on Vacation
Visit The Indiana Dunes
Mascot Hall of Fame – Whiting
Lake Michigan Beaches
Friendship Botanic Gardens – Michigan City
Blueberry Picking In Northwest Indiana
Visit A Farmers Market – with Artisan Foods and Hand-Made Art
Visit Mount Baldy – Indiana Dunes
Washington Park Zoo – Michigan City
Buckley Homestead – Lowell
Hesston Steam Museum – LaPorte