Date(s) - 07/17/2022
12:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Whiting Robertsdale Chamber of Commerce
While the lots in Whiting are little, there’s LOTS going on in these “lots!” Whiting in Bloom Garden Tour will take place on Sunday, July 17, 2022 from 1pm. until 5p.m. Arts Alive brought back this lovely tradition. For just $10, you can see 10 gardens in our quaint and unique community of Whiting and Robertsdale.
Every garden is a reflection of the person who created and tends it. Today our gardens have virtually become our “summer living room” as more and more people are entertaining and spending more time in their yards. Even today’s production of so many fun garden accessories from signs to gigantic tin animals (and Whiting seems to have more than its share of decorative iguanas in their gardens), classical pieces, pieces of whimsy….all help the gardener to make his lot his very own masterpiece.
Come behind the giant hedgerow to see what’s growing in one of Whiting’s larger yards.
The Whiting community has many beautiful hidden and unusual gardens and this year’s tour will include 10 of them. Stay downtown and have dinner in one of our many restaurants and then bring your lawn chairs and come to the first of our terrific
Whiting in Bloom is scheduled for Tickets which are $10 are available at the Chamber of Commerce, MindBenders Puzzles and Games, and Rebeca’s Hair Salon. The Chamber is operating on limited hours please call ahead, 659-0292.
More In-Depth Articles about Gardening Tips
• Spring Landscaping Tips to Free Up Time in the Summer
(by Blain’s Farm & Fleet)
• What To Do About Brown Grass
• Moisture Induced Diseases affecting Plants and Landscaping
• Winter Gardening Tips from Purdue
• Protecting Your Garden from Cold Weather
• Top Gardening Tips for a Fruitful Season
• Visit Friendship Botanic Gardens in Michigan City
• How to Make Your Garden Patriotic, by Cassie Steele
• The Greenhouse in East Chicago has Working Aquaponics
• Visit Gabis Arboretum
Historical Native Garden & Medicinal Garden Growing
Is Your Outdoor Living Space Summer Ready?