Date(s) - 08/10/2019
12:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Hours – The Upland Trail and parking lot are open daily from 6:00 am to 11:00 pm. The Bog Trail has Restricted Access. The bog is only open during ranger-led open houses on summer weekends. Program dates and times can be obtained by calling the Indiana Dunes Visitor Center at (219) 395-1882. Information can also be found on the park’s website calendar and Facebook page.
- Passes are required.
- Hike Length – Upland Trail: 2.1 miles. Bog Trail: 0.9 miles.
- Hike Time – Upland Trail: 1.5 hours. Bog Trail: 1 hour.
- Difficulty – Easy to moderate with some elevation change.
- Trail Surface – Upland Trail: Packed dirt. Trail can be very wet and muddy. Bog Trail: Packed dirt with a section of floating boardwalk that submerges when walked on. Wear waterproof boots.
- Facilities – Seasonal porta potty. No potable water.
- Pets – Upland Trail: Permitted on a leash (6’ or shorter). Bog Trail: Prohibited for habitat protection.
- Prohibited – Bicycles and motorized vehicles.
- Prohibited – Littering, hunting, and removing plants.
- Hiking off the boardwalk on the Bog Trail is strictly prohibited.
- There are two picnic tables at the parking lot.
- The parking lot is paved.
The Pinhook Bog parking lot is located at 920 North Wozniak Road in Michigan City, Indiana. The GPS coordinates are 41.621214, -86.850227 (Decimal Degrees). For more information on this or other programs at Indiana Dunes National Lakeshore, call 219-395-1882 or visit our website at www.nps.gov/indu and our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/IndianaDunesNL.