Date(s) - 06/04/2022
9:00 am - 2:00 pm
Munster Community Park
Humane Indiana’s 30th annual “Paws in the Park“ event is at Munster’s Community Park.
The one-mile walk and vendor fun fair raises money to care for the animals of Humane Indiana. “It’s our biggest event of the year,” says Development Officer, Lisa Carpenter. “We are grateful for the enthusiastic support that we get from the community.”
Last year’s event raised more than $20,000 to help provide food, medicine, shelter, and loving care to the wide variety of at-risk animals that rely on Humane Indiana. Donations make it all possible, according to Executive Director, Harry Vande Velde. “This organization was founded by concerned citizens more than 45 years ago. The generosity and commitment of individuals make our work possible.”
Paws in the Park offers lots of ways for the public to participate in the day-long celebration:
- Families, businesses, and teams of all sorts are encouraged to sign up to walk.
- Animal-themed businesses are invited to join the event as a vendor. From baked goods to doggie duds, pet-parents love to browse our shopping village.
- Nonprofit animal rescue organizations can participate at no cost! Just download, complete, and return a vendor application.
- Sponsorships are still available! Benefits of sponsorship include recognition on event signs, t-shirts, and more.
- Save the date and join the fun as a spectator, cheerleader, or shopper. Admission is free!
Walker check-in starts at 9:00 a.m., with the walk beginning at 10:30 a.m. Attendees (people AND pets) are invited to mix and mingle or grab a bite to eat from one of the food trucks. Dog- and family-friendly activities include memorial stone painting, wildlife education and demonstrations, plus a bounce house for kids.