Tire blowouts are some of the most frightening experiences for a driver. They can make your vehicle hard to control, putting you and others on the road at risk. There a several causes of tire blowouts; some are easily avoidable, while others can be rather unexpected. Here are a few of the common causes of tire blowouts.
Midwesterners—especially Chicago natives—certainly aren’t strangers to potholes. Potholes are some of the biggest culprits of blowouts. Hitting any other large or sharp object can cause a blowout on impact, especially if your tires are worn down or if you’re driving at high speeds.
Sometimes your tire may get a hole in it without you noticing. If a nail or sharp object is in your tire, your tire is gradually releasing air. Eventually, your tire may pop.
Overloading Your Vehicle
Every vehicle has weight restrictions to avoid unnecessary stress. If you load up your vehicle with too much weight, the strain on the tires may result in a blowout. Take a look at your car’s owner’s manual to familiarize yourself with its weight restrictions and to avoid a dangerous incident.
Underinflation puts extra strain on your tires and quickly wears down their sides. With thin sides and the pressure of the tire tread meeting the road’s surface, air can easily push through the sides.
Tires bubbles occur when the tire’s inner lining weakens and allows air to seep in. As the bubble gets bigger, it will eventually become too much pressure to hold, and the tire will burst. Driving on a tire bubble has severe consequences, and you should avoid it at all costs.
As your tires accumulate everyday wear and tear, they will become weaker. Failing to replace tires with apparent signs of wear is just asking for a blowout. It’s best to inspect your tires often to ensure they aren’t posing significant risks on the road.
Nobody wants to experience a blowout. Keep a careful eye out for these common causes of tire blowouts to stay safe.
Read More of Our Car Articles HERE:
• What to Know Before Buying a Used Car
• Ways to Prepare Your Car For Spring
• Safe Driving Tips
• Make Your Car Feel Brand New Again
• Car Safety Tips on A Road Trip
• Why Jeep Wrangler is A Smart Buy
• Why Manual Transmissions Are A Good Choice
• Winter Driving Tips in Bad Weather
• Worst Thing You Can Do To Your Tires
• End-of-Summer Car Maintenance Checklist
• Three Bad Driving Habits that can Cost you Money
• How to Avoid Intersection Accidents
• Car Repairs you Should Not Do Yourself
• Modern Trends in the Car industry
• Factors that Effect Your Used Car Value
• How to Prepare Your Car For Winter
• Southlake Auto Cruise Night (Monthly)
• Folds Of Honor Car Show – Valpo
• LaPorte’s Annual Old Car Show
• Festival of the Lakes Car Show
• Valpo Car Show & Swap Meet
• Mill Pond Fest Car Show
• Downtown Highland Annual Car Cruise
• Cobe Cup Returns To Northwest Indiana