An annual holiday tradition, Michigan City’s Barker Mansion will open its decorated rooms to the community for viewing IN December. Popular traditions from the past will return throughout the month with standard tours and Glowing Lights Nights on Saturdays! Standard Christmas admission is $8 per adult and $5 per youth, ages 15 and under.
“We were very happy to see the community become more involved in Barker Mansion’s Christmas activities,” said Jessica Rosier. “It was wonderful to have the non-profit groups bring their ideas and creativity to the mansion, especially those groups that brought children to help decorate.”
- Celebrate our Troops for the Holidays on December 4 and 5 with toy donation to Folds of Honor – Military Families and join us 12pm-2pm for a Sing-A-Long.
- Santa Claus at the Barker Mansion 12pm-4pm on December 11 with book donation to Sand Castle Shelter.
- Story Time with one of Santa’s Official Storytellers 12pm-4pm on December 12 with book donation to Sand Castle Shelter.
- Make a Christmas Ornament on December 18, with canned food donation to the Food Distribution Center – Citizens Concerned for the Homeless
- Santa Claus at the Baker Mansion 12pm-4pm on December 19th and Make a Christmas Ornament. Canned food donation to the Food Distribution Center – Citizens Concerned for the Homeless
- Guided Curator Tour – Tickets $18.00 & $15.00 December 8th, 10th, 15th & 17th.
The 38-room mansion was built by freight car industrialist and philanthropist John H. Barker in 1905, after he expanded onto his father’s original 1857 home on the same site. Barker took advantage of the mansion’s location right next to the Haskell and Barker Car Company, bringing many of the factory’s advanced mechanical amenities to the home. The Mansion contains original furnishings, art objects, a ballroom and has and architectural style sunken garden.
The Barker Mansion OPEN December 2, 2021-December 31, 2021 Tuesday through Sunday 10am to 5pm (CST) Closed 12/24 & 12/25 & 12/31.
Holiday Admission: $15 Adults
$10 Seniors/Veterans/Children (6-17)
Group of 5 – $50 (groups over 5 please call)
Children 5 and under are free
December 3rd – Michigan City Resident Day: Free admission to those residing in the 46360 zip code
For TICKETS and more information visit barkermansion.org
The Barker Mansion is located at 631 Washington Street in Michigan City, IN. The 38-room mansion was built by freight car industrialist and philanthropist John H. Barker in 1905.
Christmas in Northwest Indiana:
5 Holiday Traditions
What’s on Theatre Stage this year
Candlelight Tour in Laporte
Winter Lights Drive Thru – Valparaiso
Christmas Traditions at Indiana Dunes
Holly Days in Valparaiso
A Christmas Story Comes Home – Hammond Indiana
Christmas At Barker Mansion – Michigan City
FESTIVAL OF LIGHTS DRIVE THRU – Michigan City
thru Jan 6th