Take a step back in time at the Barker Mansion for the Home for the Holidays Tour. Guests will walk through the historical mansion and see many of the rooms that the Barker family enjoyed their holidays in filled with elegant holiday trees.
Experiences planned for December include:
- Free admission for 46360 residents on First Friday, December 3
- Celebrate our Troops for the Holidays on December 4 and 5 with toy donation to Folds of Honor – Military Families and join us 12pm-2pm for a Sing-A-Long.
- Santa Claus at the Barker Mansion 12pm-4pm on December 11 with book donation to Sand Castle Shelter.
- Story Time with one of Santa’s Official Storytellers 12pm-4pm on December 12 with book donation to Sand Castle Shelter.
- Make a Christmas Ornament on December 18, with canned food donation to the Food Distribution Center – Citizens Concerned for the Homeless
- Santa Claus at the Baker Mansion 12pm-4pm on December 19th and Make a Christmas Ornament. Canned food donation to the Food Distribution Center – Citizens Concerned for the Homeless
- Guided Curator Tour – Tickets $18.00 & $15.00 December 8th, 10th, 15th & 17th.
The Barker Mansion OPEN December 2, 2021-December 31, 2021 Tuesday through Sunday 10am to 5pm (CST) Closed 12/24 & 12/25 & 12/31.
Holiday Admission: $15 Adults
$10 Seniors/Veterans/Children (6-17)
Group of 5 – $50 (groups over 5 please call)
Children 5 and under are free
December 3rd – Michigan City Resident Day: Free admission to those residing in the 46360 zip code
For TICKETS and more information visit barkermansion.org
Read More about Christmas in Northwest Indiana:
5 Holiday Traditions – Thru Dec 31st – 5 Things to do For the Holidays Your Family Will LOVE!
Winter Lights Drive Thru – Valparaiso Nov 27th thru Dec 31st , 2021
Holly Days in Valparaiso – Friday, Dec 3rd, 2021
A Christmas Story Comes Home – Hammond Indiana Nov 13th – Dec 31st, 2021
Christmas At Barker Mansion – Michigan City Open in 2021
FESTIVAL OF LIGHTS DRIVE THRU – Michigan City Dec 5th thru Jan 2nd 2022
The Nutcracker – 8 shows in 2021
Candlelight Tour in Laporte – Cancelled in 2021
Find Things to Do For Christmas, Click here.
(ALL ON ONE PAGE)
Local Christmas Tree Farms
(All on ONE PAGE!)
Does your family take annual ski trips? Do you like to hit up the sledding hills or build a magnificent snowman after the first big snow of the season? What about winter hikes or runs through the neighborhood? No matter how you like to spend your time outside, winter is full of opportunities. However, you…
Even in years without a global pandemic, the untimely coincidence of the holiday season and flu season can spoil the fun and festivities you wait all year for. It’s surely happened to you before; now more than ever, don’t let it happen again. After a year like 2020, you want to finish out strong, and… Continue Reading →
If there is a part of the country that knows winter, it’s this one. We don’t complain about our cold, snowy winters. We use them as bragging rights. (And after the polar vortex of 2018, can you blame us?) But just because we are used to the snow doesn’t mean that we are always quite… Continue Reading →
The time of year where we turn our thermostats up and look forward to cozy nights in our homes has come. Although, if you turned your thermostat up and found you still have to bundle up for warmth, you may have a bigger problem on your hands. These top reasons why your house is always… Continue Reading →