Chesterton Arts District (CAD) announces Summer Third Fridays! On the third Fridays this summer, Chesterton’s downtown arts and creative businesses will all come together for special programs, promotions and events on June 16, July 21, and August 18 that will keep participating partners open until 7pm each night.
The Chesterton Arts District brings together a diverse range of artists, artisans, entrepreneurs, and arts organizations who are passionate about enriching the cultural fabric of the Duneland area and supporting our robust community of working artists. Mark your calendars for these creative evenings featuring workshops, artmaking, gallery talks, live music, restaurant promotions, walking tours, open studios, and more! Participating district partners for the June 16 Summer Third Fridays are listed below.
Chesterton Art Center: Galleries open late and Pop Up with Stephanie Swanson Jewelry Design, cash bar, and light bites.
* Three Moons Fiberworks: Studio and shop open late with weaving and dyeing demos.
* Pieces of Jayde: Pop Up at Red Cup Café.
* Willow: DIY Air Plant Terrarium for $15.00 and a free Melissa Washburn coloring page.
* Trusty Spot: Parking lot concert begins at 6:30, Tickets will be $5.00. Shop will be open and local food vendors will be on site.
* Duneland Pottery: Live demos, local potter sales, and free studio hours for independent studio potters.
* Moth Wing Studio: Studio open late with great projects—paint your own pottery, glass fusing, spin art, and more.
* Holly Jackson: Studio/Gallery open late.
* Lemon Tree Mediterranean Grill: Special $5.00 sampler plate of all their delicious salads with hummus, falafel, and pita triangles
* South Shore Tattoo: Studio open house, meet the tattoo artists
* Westchester Township History Museum: Join staff to learn about the history of downtown Chesterton and some of its most unique and historic buildings and house. Walking and standing required. Tour lasts approximately 90 minutes and begins at the Baugher Center. Registration begins June 2 and is limited to 20 people. Register online at wpl.in.us or by calling the Museum 219-983-9715.
For further details on Summer Third Fridays and the Chesterton Arts District, please visit visitchesterton.org or follow Visit Chesterton on Facebook.
The Chesterton Arts District is a collective of arts-aligned organizations and businesses in Chesterton, Indiana, dedicated to promoting the arts and nurturing artistic expression. Supported by the CBLT, Chesterton Branding and Leadership Team, the District aims to create a vibrant arts scene, foster collaboration, and attract visitors and residents to experience the creative energy of Chesterton.
RELATED STORIES . . .
Chatauqua in the Dunes “Pollination Investigation” Poster Series on Display at Indiana Dunes this Summer
Nearly 90% of flowering plants rely on approximately 200,000 species of animal pollinators for fertilization. Smithsonian Gardens and the Smithsonian Institution Traveling Exhibition Service present “Pollination Investigation,” a poster exhibition that explores the who, what, when, where, why, and how of pollination by interpreting the unique relationship between pollinators and flowers. The posters will be…
Join a ranger and hike all the trails in Indiana Dunes National Park. This hiking challenge will take place over the course of the summer with each week featuring a ranger-led hike on a different trail. There will be a total of 19 hikes covering 66 miles to honor the year, 1966, when the park…
Indiana Dunes NP has awarded two Commercial Use Authorizations (CUAs) for the West Beach and Portage Lakefront and Riverwalk concession stand operations for the 2023 and 2024 seasons. After a competitive bidding process, Smoke On The Water was chosen to operate at the Portage Lakefront and Riverwalk concession stand. “Smoke on…
– Lubeznik Center for the Arts (LCA) is asking the westside community for its input on another community mural to be located at H.O.P.E. Community Center in Michigan City. Community meetings to discuss the mural themes are scheduled for June 1, June 8 and June 13 from 6 to 7 p.m.…
Discover More About the Indiana Dunes:
Century of Progress Tour
Things to Do in Michigan City
Dunes Learning Center
Indiana Dunes Becomes a National Park
Songbird Prairie Bed & Breakfast awarded “Best Romantic Getaway”
Chautauqua in the Dunes
Lake Michigan Beaches
Free Beach Shuttles at Indiana Dunes
Birding Festival (May)
Maple Sugar Time (Spring)
Visit Mount Baldy
Outdoor Adventure Festival (Fall)
Apples Festival (Fall)
Local Family Fun Amusement Parks
Things To Do in Chesterton
Things to do in Valparaiso
Things to do in Portage
Read More about the Indiana Dunes Click Here!