With everybody stuck inside during the current pandemic, we have more time than ever to get some projects done. For some people, it’s finally mastering how to play the piano; for some, it’s getting into more of a gym routine; and for others, it’s tackling those home improvement projects. If you’re in the group of those wanting to spruce up the home, take this extra time to figure out how to make the personality of your home come to life. Some rooms boast your personality, while others can be quite lackluster. Here we’ve listed a few different ways to add personality to a boring room—check it out!
Add an Accent Wall
The walls of a room make an impact on its personality. You can bring an energy to the room simply by changing up the paint color, but if you want to push it further, add an accent wall! There are things you should and should not do with accent walls, but really it depends on your style. Go for a wall of shiplap or a chevron wall—choose what would make you happy to look at every day.
Decide on a Focal Point
The reason your room feels boring might be that you’re lacking a focal point. Every room should have a center—without it, the energy of the space is wandering, and you and other guests will feel uneasy. If you don’t have a focal point for the room, create one. Maybe you build a massive bookcase and have that act as the center. Maybe you refresh an old coffee table and put it in the middle atop a gorgeous antique rug. Your options are quite open—just make sure to have a focus.
Choose a Color Scheme
If you’ve decided it’s time to switch up the paint color, carry that into the rest of the room to make sure the color doesn’t fall flat. Interior designers everywhere will tell you how important it is to carry the chosen color scheme to the minor details in the room. For example, deciding on a theme or a color scheme for the room gives you a direction to go in for the rest of the décor. Bring the color into lampshades, artwork on the wall, candles on the ledge—the more you can tie it in with little touches, the more the “personality” will shine through.
Bring Some Texture In
This may seem like a small detail, but it ties together with the idea of a room falling flat. A boring room may seem boring because all the textures are the same, all the colors are the same—it’s too similar to seem exciting. If you’re not a fan of changing up the entire color scheme of the space, think about how you can add in some texture. Maybe you get a furry cream blanket or use some rough burlap as a small design element. Add in rough, soft, shiny, and dull elements to the room to give it life.
Nature Always Helps
If you still think the room could benefit from an added element, add in some nature. Flowers and plants have this innate ability to make a room feel alive. Even a plant in the corner of the room can add that spark of life you’ve been looking for. The more you add, the more alive the room!
Create a Custom Shower Oasis to Last a Lifetime
Bring your vision to life, discover your ultimate shower design aesthetic or create your own with American Standard’s experts. There is a lifetime warranty. Click here to see photos of Modern Farmhouse, Rustic, French Country, Contemporary, Minimalist, and Traditional styles. You can trust American Standards 150 years of bath and shower expertise. With just three easy steps, you can get a quote from the comfort of your home online. Continue Reading. . .
Home Interior Stories:
• Affordable Home Improvement Ideas
• Common Aquarium Mistakes
• Best Paint Colors for the Bathroom
• Simple DIY Projects to Improve the Value of Your Home
• Ways to De-Clutter & Decorate with Softness
• Ways To Add Personality to a Boring Room
• Different Types of Tiling For Your Home
• Tips For Your Home Theater
• Best Interior Renovations for Increasing Home Value
• Ways to Make Your Home Look Cleaner
• Creative Ways To Decorate Your Hallway
• Coolest Basement Ideas of All Time
Get A Head Start on Spring Cleaning
Read More Home Improvement Tips .
• Stunning Home Exterior Remodeling Ideas
• Home Maintenance Skills Everyone Should Know
• Reasons Why your Asphalt Driveway is Cracking
• Top Reasons Why your House is Always Cold
• How to Get Your Home Ready For Winter
• Where to Insulate Your Home
• Things to Do Before Selling Your Home
• Tips for Remodeling Your Garage
• Common Causes of Residential Flooding
• Save with Senior Home Modifications
• Household Problems You Should NEVER Fix Yourself
• 5 Big Home Maintenance Tasks You Should Do In the Spring
• What to Consider When Building Your New Home
• Causes of Leaky Basements
• Basic Components of Building a Home
Read More Lifestyle Tips, Click here.
* Best Colors for Your Bathroom
* Adding Softness to a Room
*Things to Buy from a Thrift Store
*Men’s Fashion Accessories
* Ways to Find More Happiness
*Fun Activities to Do on the Weekend for Adults
* Raw Honey Can Benefit Your Skin
* Fun Kid’s Activities at Home
*Best Animals To Have on a Hobby Farm
* Home Improvement Ideas
* Beginner Aquarium Tips
* How To Start an Antique Collection
* Foster Creativity in Kids
* Keep Your Finances Safe
* Benefits to Having a Side Hustle
* Four Main Reasons Families Should Adopt a Dog