Indiana will not be moving to Stage 5 of its “Back on Track” plan on July 4th Gov. Holcomb announced Wednesday. Instead, according to a new Executive Order, a “Stage 4.5” will hold for the next two weeks.
Holcomb began Wednesday’s briefing by announcing that there’s been an “uptick” in the state’s COVID-19 cases.
The last stage of the reopening plan, Stage 5, was previously projected to go into effect on the Fourth of July. Holcomb declared the state will instead move to a “cautious Stage 4.5.”
He said gatherings of up to 250 will remain in place for at least 2 weeks. Conventions may resume as long as they follow previous guidance. Holcomb said the state will monitor this step for the next two weeks.
All Indiana Counties, except Elkhart, will transition to 4.5 on Friday, July 3rd until July 17th, unless extended.
All individuals in stage 4.5 shall follow modified Executive order.
Elkhart County will stage in Stage 4.
Local Counties and Municipalities may impose more stringent requirements.
- The order goes on with distinct requirements for (see link)
Youth Overnight Camps
Fairs, Festivals and Parades (face coverings are strongly recommended)
State Government Operations