by Jodi Barnett
Have you every thought about starting a diet or getting healthier but didn’t? Or perhaps you started one and then quit? What about going to the gym or committing to yourself to become more active and healthy? I am sure everyone has but the real question is, what is really going on with you in these situation?
The truth is that your body tells you daily that you can be doing better. It is constantly sending you messages (masked as symptoms) for you to eat better, lose weight, sleep deeper, move more and make extra time for self-love so that you can have more energy, age slower, experience an active sex drive and enjoy boundless health. It is these signals that send a surge of motivation to change and to act. The problem is that your deep rooted self-sabotaging habits revolt and work on overdrive to keep you in familiar routines by prioritizing things far less important before your own health.
Here is what I want for each one of my clients:
- I want you to learn to listen to your body when it is speaking to you, it’s telling you what it needs.
- I want you to live longer.
- I want you to age appropriately
- I want those wrinkles to soften and for you to have beautiful skin.
- I want you to lose weight, if necessary and have more energy
- I want your organs to thrive and to stay in good shape for your entire life.
- I want what your body wants and I jump in heart and soul to equip you with the tools to start your transformation.
- I partner with the part of you that motivates you to act and get healthy and I battle against the part of you that tries to stop you from achieving greater health.
- I stay consistent until habits merge with your goals.
- BUT, you are the one who has to do the work!
Integrative Medicine’s approach to health and medical treatment is an entirely different way of thinking. Instead of just treating symptoms, I look upstream as far as I can to find the cause of health issues. Where conventional medicine is focused on finding disease that can be treated with drugs or surgery, a functional integrative approach looks for the root causes and makes that the starting point.
An integrative functional approach does not mean that I will just replace your medicines with herbs. That is still just managing symptoms. A typical plan will likely address diet, sleep, relationships, stress and exercise. I might however, use supplements and herbs to help manage symptoms while we work on the deeper changes. I may also decide to incorporate other modalities like chiropractic, acupuncture which I have practitioners who I partner with for referrals.
Each person is unique, and therefore assessment and programs are tailored to your situation. I discuss options and decide together what you want to tackle, and strategize how to actually accomplish your goals.
Jodi is the owner operator of Harvest health, a Doctor of Naturopathy, Natural Health Consulting, QFA Body Assessments, has offices in Cedar Lake and Valparaiso. Her phone number is (219) 713.4789. Jodi can be reached by emailing email@example.com or visiting her website at www.jodibarnett758.com
Health Related STORIES:
Stay at Home with these Home Remedies for Cleaning, Personal Hygiene & MORE!
How To Live Positively
Let’s Make 2020 Healthier!
How A Glass Of Wine is Good For Your Health!
Is Your Body Clean on the Inside? – The Untold Truth
Oh, My Aching Back
Keep that New Years Resolution to Loose Weight
The Truth About Balding
Know the 10 Signs of Alzheimers
Basic Steps To Getting Healthier